Surfing in barbados?

SunSoaker44

I was just wondering if anyone's surfed in Barbados? I'm interested in checking it out--I believe the popular spot is out by Bathsheba. I'd like to have time to surf for an hour or two and then check out some other sights in Barbados if possible. I spoke with Cameron and Glory Tours and both said they can try to incorporate it into the tour, but I'm not sure I want to waste 2 hours of their time while they sit around! I also am concerned because I know surfing totally depends on the weather, tide, etc. so it may or may not happen. Has anyone had experience with surfing in Barbados and renting surfboards/getting lessons? And how easy is it to get to Bathsheba yourself (bus? taxi? cost?)? Any suggestions about having enough time to do a tour as well?

I surfed alot in Barbados many years ago. Bathsheba (Soup Bowl) is the most consistant. Depending on when you visit has to do alot with it. I remember around Christmas time we use to surf the west coast (one point east of sandy lane hotel). Most of the year west coast is flat. I also surfed south point (just below south point light house but very built up now so I dont know how you access it). There is also freight which is a bay between Miami beach and south point light house (my favorite when it is breaking) Also dover beach on the reef infront of Southern Palms Hotel.

I dont live in barbados now if not I would have given you my email so closer to the time you visit you would know where is breaking. Dont Know about renting surf boards. I beleive there is someone who does surf tours in Barbados, try a google search.

Archived