Renting a Car at Iguassu Falls

jershel

We are going to Iguassu Falls for two nights on March 24th. We are planning to rent a car on the Brazilian side of the falls and drive to the Argentine side on the second day. The fellow at the car rental agency told me I would probably have to buy additional insurance to go to Argentina, but that I could try to go without it. Please let me know what your experience was in renting a car and if you paid or did not pay the insurance to cross the border.

We are trying to decide between renting the car and taking a taxi. Any recommendations would be welcome. We are staying at the Mabu Thermas and Resort, so we will be out of the main downtown area, although I'm sure the hotel would call a taxi for us if we decide to go that route.

We are going to Iguassu Falls for two nights on March 24th. We are planning to rent a car on the Brazilian side of the falls and drive to the Argentine side on the second day. The fellow at the car rental agency told me I would probably have to buy additional insurance to go to Argentina, but that I could try to go without it. Please let me know what your experience was in renting a car and if you paid or did not pay the insurance to cross the border.

We are trying to decide between renting the car and taking a taxi. Any recommendations would be welcome. We are staying at the Mabu Thermas and Resort, so we will be out of the main downtown area, although I'm sure the hotel would call a taxi for us if we decide to go that route.

Hi. I´ve been to Iguazu falls a couple of times and, for a two day stay, I don´t think you´ll need to rent a car. In case you do, I guess you will most probably need to buy some extra insurance for the argentinian side. Officers at the border will requiere proof of insurance before entering the country.

That been said, there are no more than 2 or 3 interesting places (besides the national parks in both countries) that you could possibly want to go to, and they are not very far from most hotels. So, in my opinion, a taxi would be in order for your stay. :)

Thank you, 8t88, for the information. I think we are inclined to take taxis rather than renting a car.

If we take a taxi to the Argentine side of the park and want to return to Brazil by taxi, are taxis readily available at the park? Do you know the approximate cost?

Thank you, 8t88, for the information. I think we are inclined to take taxis rather than renting a car.

If we take a taxi to the Argentine side of the park and want to return to Brazil by taxi, are taxis readily available at the park? Do you know the approximate cost?

There are taxis at the park entrance (called "remis" by locals). I don´t know about costs but guess it won´t go for less than 30/40 bucks.

Perhaps you might want to find out, at the front desk of your hotel, whether you could take a cab in Brazil to get you to the argentine park and arrange a certain time to pick you up with the same driver. This way you could negotiate a "round trip" way back to your hotel with the same brazilian cab.

Archived