Insurance - Where and who to buy thru?

Cruiser-T

Maybe I'm posting this in the wrong area, but need to start investigating cruise insurance for our cruise in March 2005. Is there any companies out there you highly reccomend? We booked through Costco travel, I don't know if they offer cruise insurance. Need some help on this one.

Thanks - Terry

The previous poster gave you a great site to compare different companies and coverages.

I won't tell you who to use, but I will tell you who not to use --- don't buy insurance through the cruise line you are traveling on. For the most part you can do much better dollar-wise elsewhere!

I was comparing prices on insuremytrip.com and when it came down to the last several and I had questions, I called their 800 #. The rep was genuinely helpful and what I liked MOST was the fact that she didn't steer me to the policies that were more expensive. In fact, she helped me decide to pick CSA Web Direct. (We're paying $163 for 3 people and have everything needed) It was the best price and we got a great policy. She also explained that worrying about "financial default" on the part of an operator is truly NOT a concern UNLESS the airline and/or cruiseline you are booked with is already in financial jeopardy or has filed for bankruptcy.

I had to cancel two trips due to my husband's preexisting illness. Travelguard paid promptly and kindly on both. If you purchase the insurance withing 7 days of bookings, it covers preexisting illnesses. Thank goodness for them. I would never deal with another company again.

Archived