Galveston Restaurants

5waldos

We will be there next week for Saturday night before we sail. Any one know of any Texas bbq restaurants? We are hoping not to go expensive- I figure we have a big week ahead of us. And if not, any other recommendations for simple dinners that are local?

We always go to 'The Spot" which is not a bbq, but we have the best time there. They have great food, cheap, and wonderful atmosphere. You can go to the galveston.com web cam and see it live. They have plenty seating and a live band. They have awesome fish sandwiches and shrimp kisses "bacon wrapped, cheese filled shrimp" a must have if you like seafood. They also have great hamburgers and all kinds of stuff. It is right on Seawall Blvd. This is our not to miss in Galveston stop.

My Hubby and I are booked to cruise from Galveston on the 13th and when I made reservations at a local hotel there, they told me that 60 percent of Galveston is back up and running. Still a lot of contruction going on, but it is functioning well. There are several resturants open but the most important to me is Guido's (sp). Going down a couple of days early to extend the vacation time by a couple of days. :D

My Hubby and I are booked to cruise from Galveston on the 13th and when I made reservations at a local hotel there, they told me that 60 percent of Galveston is back up and running. Still a lot of contruction going on, but it is functioning well. There are several resturants open but the most important to me is Guido's (sp). Going down a couple of days early to extend the vacation time by a couple of days. :D

Stingaree Restaurant across to Boliver ferry, if you have time

Bennos(seawall), Shrimp and Stuff(39th and O) not fancy but good and cheap

Even Olympia Grill (Greek) on seawall has good seafood

Gaidos - a legendary excellent nice restuarant

Willie G's - on port nice restuarant

Lecroux Cajun on Strand may be open then

Gumbo Grill and Bar Postoffice

Sky Bar Postoffice

Upscale:

Rudy and Pacos - downtown by opera house 20th

(Central and South American style Seafood and Steaks

Just wanted to let you know that my mother-in-law was there post cruise last month. Even though there were a lot of empty tables (Sunday lunch time) there was a 20-30 minute wait because they do not have enough staff that has come back to run the whole dining room

How is Tortuga's on Seawall and 61st St? It's a chain - not sure if that is good or bad. Looking for fun atmosphere pre-cruise for grandkids.

We ate there, it was just awful:( Don't waste your money......food was cold, bland, yuk....never again.

We ate there, it was just awful:( Don't waste your money......food was cold, bland, yuk....never again.

We ended up at Mario's Italian Restaurant on 61st St. We passed it coming in and the parking lot was FULL. We took that as a positive sign. Our waiter was a blast... brought the girls pizza dough and tried to teach them how to make a pizza. It was late, we were tired, the food was good. I guess I'm glad we missed Tortuga's.

Tortuga's isn't that bad. I've never gotten bad food there. Service is hit or miss sometimes though. Not really a great kid atmosphere--here's a very smoky bar inside. Super happy hour prices though!

Archived