Navigator Question

RODM87

We are going to be on the NOS March 23 sailing . is their anyone that might have Menus from this 5 day cruise ??

The dinner menu was pretty much the same from what I remember on other RCCL cruises. It rarely changes. Unfortunately, I can't remember any specifics. The usual suspects, IIRC: tiger shrimp was one meal, the "fisherman's feast" with the lobster tail was another. (The lobster tail, I believe, is a small Caribbean one, and if you eat Maine lobster you'll probably find it a tasteless waste of your time.) They did have some Indian vegetarian dishes that were very good. The usual steaks, seafoods as well. The appetizers were also the same: wild mushroom on puff pastry, smoked salmon, the usual shrimp cocktail, escargot one night, some good soups (although I'd avoid the lobster bisque).

In the buffet, there was usually a pasta with a cream sauce as well as a marinara sauce. They had a larger Asian-themed table ("Jade") but I didn't try it. The usual hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza on the long main table where they make omelettes in the morning. A decent selection of ethnic veggies, some starches, some carved meats, etc.,.

In general on RCCL, in my opinion:

Buffet: breakfast is blah (unless you wait in line for a specific omelette); lunch is overall pretty decent; dinner (which we didn't get on this trip) is overall very good.

Dining Room: breakfast is a step above the buffet but the selection's not huge and you have to wait for it; lunch (which we didn't get on this trip) is usually very good; dinner is usually very good, from appetizers right through to desserts.

Cafe Promenade: the tiny sandwiches are nothing to write home about, but the dessert-y pastries are very good there. The coffee is beyond strong (I cut it with 50% hot water and it was still strong) but you can get Lipton tea in a good selection (Darjeeling, English Breakfast, Earl Grey just to name a few).

Archived