Issues with syringe/medication?

shield022

Sailing on the Gem in January out of NYC. I will be taking a 10 day supply of syringes for my sons daily medication. Should we take our own sharps container onboard or does NCL supply them upon request. Also, has anyone had issues boarding with sharps???

Thanks for any advice :confused:

Sailing on the Gem in January out of NYC. I will be taking a 10 day supply of syringes for my sons daily medication. Should we take our own sharps container onboard or does NCL supply them upon request. Also, has anyone had issues boarding with sharps???

I use a self-injecting medication. You should get a copy of the prescription for both the meds and the syringes from your doctor. You likely don't need that for boarding the ship, but may need it if you're flying to the port, to get through customs. I just carried my meds and syringes in my carry-on, which went through the ship screener without question.

As for a sharps container..I brought my own small one, which you can get at the pharmacy for around $5, so I don't know if they have something you can use or not.

NCL will supply a sharps container, just ask your room steward if there isn't one in the rom.

I usually bring a pad of post its and leave one on the mirror requesting a sharp's container. At the end of the trip, it is just left in the room sealed with a $5. under it as a thank you.

The post it notes come in handy as I don't get to see the crew all the time and they are in the cabin at least twice a day.

My carrying case for med,etc. always contains a letter from my doctor, explaining the meds and the disorder they are used for, just in case someone asks. It has not happened yet but I am ready.

Archived