nachi cocom ok for kids?

hockeymomof2

I have read all the threads (I think) on Nachi Cocom and I'm totally sold. However, we are travelling with our two sons ages 12 & 9. I haven't read of anyone going here with kids. Besides swimming, is there anything else to do? ie. beach volleyball? I know there are other places too with 'more to do' but I prefer to get away from the crowds for one day.

I'm pretty sure they will be happy at the pool and beach and drinking virgin pina colada's but would love to hear from you if you've visited Nachi Cocom with kids.

Many thanks!:D

We are booked with Nachi on April 21 and I have two young sons (7 and 6 year olds).

We just wanted a beach day with a nice pool beachside as well as a place away from the party crowds. I'm hoping Nachi will be the place.

I'll report back on Nachi with young children when I return.

fightingokra - Can you tell me what you are paying for the day? For the adults and is there a differant price for the kids?

Thanks!

The total for the four of us is $122.00.

That is two adults at $49.00 each and two kids at $24.00 each.

I had to pay a deposit of $34.00 and I have to pay the remainder ($88.00) when I get to Nachi Cocom.

So, there is a discount for children. I hope this helps.

The total for the four of us is $122.00.

That is two adults at $49.00 each and two kids at $24.00 each.

I had to pay a deposit of $34.00 and I have to pay the remainder ($88.00) when I get to Nachi Cocom.

So, there is a discount for children. I hope this helps.

Adults are $49

Ages 12 to 17*are $29

Ages 4-11 are only $12.00

Under* 4 are FREE

We were there 2 weeks ago with our 9 year old son. He loved it! We brought sand toys and he swam, played in the sand, played in the pool and hunted for shells. He found 3 huge conch shells plus lots of really unique little ones. He loved that he could swim up to the bar and get his own drinks. If you want to pay extra, there are wave runner rentals, snorkeling trips and parasailing. My child was just happy to have beautiful sand and a clear ocean. :)

We were there 2 weeks ago and that is the place to be. There are watersports they can do. Jetskiing, banana boat ride. I would recommend bringing skorkeling stuff (water was very clear and calm when we were there), football (we had people playing that most of the day). They will find stuff to do...their boys! It was honestly PARADISE! I can't say enough about the place! I only wish I was back!

I honestly think that Nachi Cocum would be too sedate for most kids, and they're unlikely to have too many playmates to choose from. The day were were there, everyone just spent the day in lounge chairs eating and drinking. It was really quiet, and I think most everybody wanted it that way, too. Boisterous kids would probably not be welcomed by your fellow guests. I don't remember seeing a volleyball net, but maybe it was off to the side or something. Renting a kayak($15) or a jet ski for an hour wont fill up your day or anything. Perhaps the kids would enjoy the snorkling trip from NC? It sounded like fun, but our group just wanted to lay around on the beach chairs.

From what we hae heard it is a GREAT place for kids/family. Can't wait to go.

It IS a great place for families. My kids like to go because they enjoy having the pool for the day, as they get bored on the beach and won't get too far out in the ocean water. This way they are entertained, plus they love getting all of the frozen non-alcoholic drinks that I can't afford to let them sample on the ship. :)

And for those who say it disturbs the adults to have loud kids around...my kids are actually quieter than some of the adults we have seen there.

Archived