St George Night festival question

lisid

We will be in St George (off Majesty) in July...will there be a night festival? Are they everynight? I've read they start round 9:30...Is there a curfew to be back on ship at night?

Thanks

We will be in St George (off Majesty) in July...will there be a night festival? Are they everynight? I've read they start round 9:30...Is there a curfew to be back on ship at night?

Thanks

The festival is only one night,Tues. There is some food, craft vendors, the Gombeys and DJ with music and some contests.

No curfew to get back on the ship at night. The only time when you MUST be back on board is the day you sail for home.

Thanks. I thought they would begin as soon as the ships started coming in. We have done the Bosto to Bermuda cruise every year since 2002. This year we thought we would do something different to celebrate our 35th anniversary. We have rented a one bedroom apartment right in St George for a week. Can't wait! We leave on May 20.

Thanks. I thought they would begin as soon as the ships started coming in. We have done the Bosto to Bermuda cruise every year since 2002. This year we thought we would do something different to celebrate our 35th anniversary. We have rented a one bedroom apartment right in St George for a week. Can't wait! We leave on May 20.

Oh how nice!!!

We started going to Bermuda every year in 2001 and have gone out of NYC, Balt. that was because of 9/11, Bayonne, NJ and now Phila.

Where in St. George is the apartment located? I would love to check it out when we're there. Maybe when we get to #35 I can talk DH into flying in for the week.;)

Be sure to ask around if they will be doing a Beat Retreat on the square when you're there. It's a real treat with the Island Pipe and Drum Band and the Bermuda Regiment. It's usually held on a Wed. night.

The apartment is on Shine Bone Alley. Right next to Sommers Garden. If you go to bermudagetaway.com you can see what it looks like. We are staying at the Crooked Elbow. If you look at it tell me what you think? Seems like a good deal to me.

We live about 50 miles west of Boston so the Boston to Bermuda cruise was very convenient. We were very lucky and several years we were able to go in May and Octber. The Spirit is doing it this year. Nice ship but I'm not crazy about the Friday to Friday cruise.

The apartment is on Shine Bone Alley. Right next to Sommers Garden. If you go to bermudagetaway.com you can see what it looks like. We are staying at the Crooked Elbow. If you look at it tell me what you think? Seems like a good deal to me.

In my daydreaming of flying in, I have looked at properties and THIS is the one that I thought would be perfect.:) Did you have to book far in advance? We have friends that stopped cruising and started land vacations and I know she was having a hard time finding availability, even looking early.

I know of a number of people that fly in and take lots of food with them, freezing things which make it through just fine. One rental place I looked at even suggested bringing frozen steaks. If you're considering taking food, which I had NO IDEA people did, I can direct you to a place that can give you more tips.

Be sure to ask around if they will be doing a Beat Retreat on the square when you're there. It's a real treat with the Island Pipe and Drum Band and the Bermuda Regiment. It's usually held on a Wed. night.

Is this diffrent than the festival I was asking about??? What time does it start??

Thanks

Archived