Recommended St. Thomas, San Juan and St. Maarten excursions with infant?

happygal74

Hi all, we are cruising on 3/29 on Carnival Triumph with our three kids (7,5 and 11 months). Just wondering based on your experiences, what would good excursions be in each of those areas? Family friendly beaches? Are the butterfly tours good?

Also, I know that our infant son can't get in the pool on the ship as (clearly) he isn't toilet trained yet :) Just also curious for those of you who have had babies on the ships, what have you done with them pool side? Can you bring a baby pool (inflatable)? Other tips or ideas?

In St. Maarten, there is a great beach....Orient Beach. We had a wonderful beach day there last year. It is a very long beach with tons of restaurants and each restaurant has loungers that you can rent for anywhere from $5 to $10 each. There are also water toys that you can rent.

Just be aware that there IS a nude section of the beach, but it is clear down on one end near Pedro's. Just ask your driver to drop you off farther up the beach, away from the nude section (he'll know where to take you).

St. Thomas we went to Saphire Beach, which has some good snorkeling right from the beach. The restaurant there is pretty spendy, though. We just got some snacks from the little store. It can be pretty crowded, as it was on the day we were there......but still a nice beach.

Good luck! :)

We took our grandson on a cruise and he was still in diapers, but he was happy w/ an inflatable pool on the balcony.

When we stopped @ St. Maarten, we did a tour w/ Bernard and he was wonderful, didn't charge for the baby and it was a great our w/ beach time. He has many tours to offer, just go to the port of call board and family cruising boards and you will find many more answers. Good Luck!

I agree, if you are beach people Orient is great! Lots to see and do, We have never taken our kids so we always park it at Pedros as it isn't usually so crowded and they do offer beach bar service. There is a low rock jetty seperating the nude beach. I have found you rarely see anyone nude down close to Pedros. The other upside is that there is a bar an easy walk down the beach (on the nekkie side) that has a 2 for 1 happy hour. :eek:

On St. Thomas I would hit Magens Bay, do it on your own and go early. Just grab a taxi and have him take you there straight away. You will beat all the cruise ship crowds and have the bach to yourself it is gorgeous but gets really crowded later in the day. Don't forget to have a Bushwacker at the Beach Bar.

Have a great time!:D

We are taking our 2 and 4 year old on the Triumph in May. My concern is using transportation to get to Magen's Bay Beach. I don't want to bring car seats.

Has anyone taken young children, and what type of transportation did you find that was reasonably priced?

Archived