Belize Port

crusoe97

There is shopping right at the dock and just across the road is a small flea market selling handcrafts. I would not walk around town on my own. You are missing the prettiest part of Belize by not going on an excursion. I highly recommend the cave tubing. It is incredible and an experience you will not forget.

where the tenders drop you off, it's a secure area. restaurants, shopping within the secure area. outside the secure area, i would stay close to port...it's a very poor area.

belize is an adventure port...lot to do, but it's all away from the port area.

for me is was adventure to lamanai (mayan ruin) which turned out to be "outstanding"!!!!

You really need to take a tour here. Other than a few typical shops in the enclosed port area there is nothing else to do. Belize is really wonderful if you get away from port. Personally, I wouldn't wander outside the port area on my own here.

There is shopping right at the dock and just across the road is a small flea market selling handcrafts. I would not walk around town on my own. You are missing the prettiest part of Belize by not going on an excursion. I highly recommend the cave tubing. It is incredible and an experience you will not forget.

I'm curious about getting to the flea market from port. I remember seeing it on the way back from an excursion. Do you need to walk outside the gates to get there? I usually don't mind walking around different ports, but I don't think I'd be comfortable leaving the fenced off area here. Thanks.

I agree with the others, you will need to plan some kind of excursion or plan on staying inside the gate. We walked outside the gate across the river into the city, although we never really felt threaten I never felt safe either.

We had a couple beggars come up and ask for money and a few offered us pot for sale but other than that we weren’t bothered just looked at.. Would I do it again? No I’ll do an excursion next time

The flea market was just right accros the street from the gate.

We just returned from a stop in Belize. We took a snorkeling tour with an outside vendor & it was fabulous--this is the second-longest barrier reef in the world. After the reef we swam with the tame stingrays in an area called Stingray Alley, then had lunch & beach time on Caye Caulker. I would highly recommend this tour.

Archived