Festival Cruise Line

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We sailed on the Azur (out of Venice ) in 1991 to the Greek Islands and also the Bolero in 1996, again out of Venice to the Holy Land, Greek Islands and Egypt. Great holidays - all Europeans on board and announcements in approx 6 different languages. Bingo was quite an experience! Happy days....

We sailed on the Azur (out of Venice ) in 1991 to the Greek Islands and also the Bolero in 1996, again out of Venice to the Holy Land, Greek Islands and Egypt. Great holidays - all Europeans on board and announcements in approx 6 different languages. Bingo was quite an experience! Happy days....

Did you enjoy yourself.

Oops - just noticed I typed 1991. I meant 1998 (October.) Yes we enjoyed ourselves very much although compared to today's standards the ship was tiny. Bolero was a lovely small ship too -I seem to remember it had a lovely swimming pool and a garden- like balcony overlooking it as I recall which was very attractive. We were grouped by nationalities in the restaurant and had a great time. There was an excellent ballet troupe on board called the Riga Dancers who were delightful to watch.

As I have said previously, Azur was very small and its cabins not well insulated. Good food though especially the pasta!

Archived