Belize Zoo

NoL

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to agree. My DW and I went on the way from the airport to our resort earlier this year and loved it. Lots of unique animals and signs. The variety of brids is amazing. The toucans, parrots, vultures, owls, eagles and storks were impressive. Also, cool jaguars, pumas and monkeys. Finally, the Tapirs were cute. Shouldn't be a long drive from the cruise port - maybe 45 minutes or so.

I loved it- did it just over a year ago on a combination tour with Altun Ha. Originally it was just a time-filler since Altun Ha is a half-day tour, but I liked it at least as much as the ruins! Our guide was there so often that he knew all the zoo staff, which made for some personal attention. The best part was that there was a baby jaguar at the time, and the zoo staff let us pet it through the fence, as long as he was holding its head. VERY cool experience.

Admittedly, I'm an animal person, but I'd go back here again in a heartbeat... although I won't be heartbroken if it's not on the next trip to Belize.

We took a taxi from the port - for 4 of us we paid $80 - that included a stop for lunch and a city tour. I suspect we overpaid. Enterance fees were $10 each. The zoo is very unique - we had a great time.

I'm going to agree. My DW and I went on the way from the airport to our resort earlier this year and loved it. Lots of unique animals and signs. The variety of brids is amazing. The toucans, parrots, vultures, owls, eagles and storks were impressive. Also, cool jaguars, pumas and monkeys. Finally, the Tapirs were cute. Shouldn't be a long drive from the cruise port - maybe 45 minutes or so.

Yes, is great

http://www.belizezoo.org/

Archived