Carnival Paradise Weddings

We're getting married on the Paradise April 27, 2009. We're doing the deluxe package with hors d'oeuvres and open bar with a DJ. We'll have 20 people cruising and so far 20 people attending the wedding only. :D

Anyone getting married that day? Anyone get married on the Paradise?

Congratulations!

I'll be getting married on the Paradise in 8 days, on March 27th!! We're also doing the deluxe package. Our wedding is in the Normandie Lounge and our reception is in Rex Dance Club. The reception room is a little scary http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ms-paradise-rex-sm.jpg

but luckily I was anticipating it and had my bridesmaids wear a classic black dress. It's a good thing they didn't wear the clover green I originally wanted... They would have looked like trees in the jungle themed room!

We have 74 guests (28 cruising) so if your numbers don't increase, you'll be lucky to get a different room ;)

I know someone whose mom got married on Paradise 2 years ago... Her only complaint was that the officiant was making creepy jokes during the ceremony. She also recommended not taking photos with the metallic curtain in the background. If the photographer offers to take you outside for pictures, she says to take advantage of it. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chellay,

Congrats to the newly-weds, I hope you had a fantastic cruise.

We're getting married and have our reception in the same rooms as you in August, and would love to hear how it went for you. Pictures would also be wonderful if you have them posted anywhere.

Since we opted for the DJ, our reception will be in the Rex Night Club as well. It was either that or the America-themed piano bar. We wanted dancing and a first dance, and of course the open bar!

I've seen other wedding pictures in front of the metallic curtan, eh... I will definately want to take pictures around the ship.

Can't wait to see pictures from other Paradise brides. We have 17 days to go!!!!!:p

Archived