port closed for easter holiday

wksea

This is listed on the cayman port website for the Easter Holiday Schedule

"Port Authority Easter Holiday Schedule : All areas will be closed from 12:00am on Monday, April 13 till 12:00am Tuesday, April 14. " This doesn't affect our ship docking on the 13 does it?

The Port Authority of the Cayman Islands is a public entity which observes the public holidays of Good Friday and Easter Monday. If you are arriving on a cargo ship you would be affected and might have to wait an extra day prior to unloading. The news release on the www.Caymanport.com website refers primarily to the crews which unload cargo vessels as well as their office support staff.

There are three cruise ships scheduled to arive in Cayman on Easter Monday. Tendering operations will carry out as normal for these ships.

You may find that a few shops will be closed over the Easter holidays. This is considered a major holiday weekend in Cayman.

Thanks, I assumed that the ship would be ok to dock but you never know. I also assumed the tenders would be operated by the port authority and it looked like they had the day off. Thanks again for the replies. It's comforting. Now I just have to hope the weather cooperates!

Archived