Possible CC Group Cruise in June 2010, Who's Interested?

dsb9938

What months can you go on this cruise? Remember, you can choose more than one.  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What months can you go on this cruise? Remember, you can choose more than one.

I'm sure there will be enough people who want to go with the new itinerary for both groups, besides, most people with kids can't go early anyway. Even if they don't bring their children.

I'm ex-navy, 10 years, way back when I was young, LOL.

CCL is nice in that they give the discount for ex, as well as active and retired. It's usually the best deal for me, since I won't take Early Saver because I don't want to risk losing the deposit.

Dennis

We are going either way also, just limited in the time frame, since while my kids are grown my career field is in the preschool education field including summer camp so have some no vacation frozen weeks involved. But the count look good for both trips to make it and then the May guys and let the July guys know how it went!

I am so excited! Can't wait to plan!

It looks like we are building up to three groups at this time, yours in may, the other one in June, and mine in July.

I don't see why that should be a problem, it offers everybody an option.

Options are always good!

Dennis

Just got my CC "Beach Safes" yesterday.

I must say I was skeptical about how nice they would be.

I am thoroughly impressed. Good solid plastic, and big enough for my cards and even smokes when doing something wet.

And we all know, wet is the whole point most of the time!

Dennis

Got my rum runners but not up on beach safes? Explain I have packages deliver to work since I am there most days. The rumrunners sure made a conversation piece that day. You wopuldn't belive the guesses to what they were.

It's a nice little waterproof box a little bigger than a pack of smokes. Comes with a lanyard, although I have my own that I prefer, and is very well made.

Wish I had one before now!

Check it out: [URL]http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=26[/URL]

Dennis

[quote name='dsb9938']Okay, so nobody has a problem with July 6th?

Or have I not waited long enough?[/QUOTE]

We aren't sure. Because it's so close to July 4th it may be higher airline prices (we are in Florida so have to fly). I guess we'll see how the pricing goes and go from there. Once you get pricing maybe alot more people can say Yes or No.

[quote name='hkolln']We aren't sure. Because it's so close to July 4th it may be higher airline prices (we are in Florida so have to fly). I guess we'll see how the pricing goes and go from there. Once you get pricing maybe alot more people and say Yes or No.[/quote]

I'm working on it, and I checked into flight costs. For me, from NJ, the difference is $15 per ticket from the June date to the July date. July being more expensive, but only just slightly.

I think the cost only goes way up if you fly on the holiday weekend.

[quote name='dsb9938']June 28th is also an option, I just want to get a date that can generate the biggest group.[/QUOTE]

June 28th? I thought it was Tues to Tues...did you mean June 29th? If so that would be better for us. We have family in east WA so we were heading there after the cruise.

And how did your price a flight so far out? Doesn't it have to be less then a year? Maybe I can price then too.

OOOps, yes 29th.

I still can't get used to that weird Tuesday thing. I wonder why they did that.

Oh well, yes, the 29th.

It looks like more people are going to prefer that at this point. I just don't want to start the OFFICIAL thread with a bad date.

Dennis

[quote name='hkolln']And how did your price a flight so far out? Doesn't it have to be less then a year? Maybe I can price then too.[/quote]

I priced it for this year, at this point things can only get better, right?

:D

[quote name='hkolln']Lived in NJ in the 80's and have family there too. I lived in Middlesex and Piscataway NJ before moving down here to Jax Fl in 1989.[/quote]

Edison, most of my life.

Live 4 blocks from my grandparents. LOL

Glad to be getting some input.

I was thinking, since Alaska is 'The Last Frontier' we could call our group 'Warriors of The Last Frontier' but I don't know if that sounds too serious or not.

As I get more input on specific dates we can narrow it down. Looks like we're working between June 22nd and July 6th at this point.

[quote name='dsb9938']Glad to be getting some input.

I was thinking, since Alaska is 'The Last Frontier' we could call our group 'Warriors of The Last Frontier' but I don't know if that sounds too serious or not.

As I get more input on specific dates we can narrow it down. Looks like we're working between June 22nd and July 6th at this point.[/QUOTE]

We can go anytime in those dates....so if June 22nd works for someone else then that's good for us or if July 6th is better then we can try that. I'll need to figure out airfare though along with the cruise price. Will they quote us airfare too along with the cruise? or do we book our own instead?

Archived