Balcony on Triumph

nolefan93

Hello all...I am fairly new to cruising. My wife and I went on one a few years ago, but we are preparing to book a 7 day cruise on the Triumph out of Miami. We will be bringing along our 4 year old for her first cruise.

We are considering splurging for a balcony stateroom, and wondered, first of all, if the balcony staterooms all the way up on the Panorama deck (this seems to be all they have left) are ok. I would have thought that the highest ones go first. They are a bit towards the front of the boat, so I'm wondering if that makes them less attractive (I guess for reasons of feeling motion or something).

We're also wondering what the general opinion is on if the balcony is worth the extra few hundred dollars.

If you had to choose, would you pick...

A. Balcony - Panorama (deck 10) - front of boat - ~$1,700

B. Oceanview - Main/Riviera (deck 1/2) - ~$1,400

C. Intrerior - higher decks - ~$1,200

Thanks in advance for all of your advice.

They are probably available because they are the highest priced. They are nice in the fact you are close to pools and buffet but a long way from dining rooms. Also we were on the Victory(sister ship) and when it was foggy the fog horn blows directly at this area.

I always do a balcony so I'm biased.

I would pick a cabin close to the kids club. I took my daughter on her first cruise when she was 3 and that was all she wanted to do. I made the mistake of having my cabin at the other end of the ship. I did quite a bit of walking that week. She was 7 when I took her on the triumph. With older kids they seem to meet all over the ship. We had room 8228 which was a balcony and we loved it.

Archived