All things Splendor!

enjoyinglife

When I asked, I was told there were no free steam rooms. There are saunas that are free.

That is what I have read on many other reports...that the locker rooms only have dry saunas and no steam rooms. The steam rooms are located inside the spa itself.

There is a large CC group going on the splendor at the end of the month.

I am sure there will be plenty of info added here afterwords.

I just read yesterday that they are trying out a "burrito bar" :D

My fav thing about Splendor was the Mongolian grill. The lines were long but it was worth the wait. To southern folks like me who love grits, for some reason they kept them under the counter and you had to ask for them. Also for people attending the past guest party & captain ball party, to snag drinks faster sit on the right hand side all the way in the back in the corner. That is where the servers come out.

My fav thing about Splendor was the Mongolian grill. The lines were long but it was worth the wait. To southern folks like me who love grits, for some reason they kept them under the counter and you had to ask for them. Also for people attending the past guest party & captain ball party, to snag drinks faster sit on the right hand side all the way in the back in the corner. That is where the servers come out.

I love mongolian grills. Do they mostly have the same things to cook everyday, or does it vary? I am fine with the same things daily, as I can change it if and when I want.

Does anyone have a pic of the mongolian grill? I am getting hungry now!!:D:D:D

Does the Splendor also have a rotissary ( sorry bad spelling).???:confused:

Not only does it have mongolian grill, burritoe bar, but also it must have a rotisserie....just found this out from another thread and copied it here:

I'm sorry - you're right... the mongolian grill is on the lido (and still there)... it's the rotisserie that's upstairs. :o

The mongolian grill had chicken and steak everyday and scallops or shrimp every other day. There were 3 sauces to choose from. The only one I can remember is the Szechuan sauce it was HOT!!!! I liked the fact that I could choose my veggies and they were always fresh. It was also cool to see the chef cooking with 3 woks at the same time. Don't get too close to the fumes though or you will be coughing for a while.

There wasn't a Burrito bar in November but I bet that will be yummy. Does anyone know where it is located?

The mongolian grill had chicken and steak everyday and scallops or shrimp every other day. There were 3 sauces to choose from. The only one I can remember is the Szechuan sauce it was HOT!!!! I liked the fact that I could choose my veggies and they were always fresh. It was also cool to see the chef cooking with 3 woks at the same time. Don't get too close to the fumes though or you will be coughing for a while.

There wasn't a Burrito bar in November but I bet that will be yummy. Does anyone know where it is located?

I dont know where, but I think I read it is because it is doing the Mexican iten so they added it.

I love mongolian grills. Do they mostly have the same things to cook everyday, or does it vary? I am fine with the same things daily, as I can change it if and when I want.

Does anyone have a pic of the mongolian grill? I am getting hungry now!!

It varies. Chicken, beef, duck, mussels and clams, etc.

IMG_8082.JPG

IMG_8083.JPG

IMG_8088.JPG

IMG_8097.JPG

Just off the Splendor, here's my review...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=962255

Also, the Splendor uses the automated "Poker Pro" table for Hold 'Em. I think all of Carnival's ships use it now.

Thanks for providing the link. I cant wait to the ship!

NolaAlive, thanks for the pic's - makes me want to go out to dinner tonight!

Just got off her two weeks ago after 49 days of cruise from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco. Was very surprised in the food quality. Ate late seating in the Gold Pearl, Ken Byrne was the (maître), singing many wonderful tunes and the dining room team was exceptional, our waiter was Miguel (s.p) Sanchez. The only thing we did not like was the Cruise Director "Goose" he is the worst CD we have ever had. In fact i would go so far to say he out and out lies.

Just got off her two weeks ago after 49 days of cruise from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco. Was very surprised in the food quality. Ate late seating in the Gold Pearl, Ken Byrne was the (maître), singing many wonderful tunes and the dining room team was exceptional, our waiter was Miguel (s.p) Sanchez. The only thing we did not like was the Cruise Director "Goose" he is the worst CD we have ever had. In fact i would go so far to say he out and out lies.

Ken was one of the highlights. That guy can flat out sing! Funny you say that about Goose, I felt he was just non-existent on our cruise...maybe that's better than lying. :) We had Stuart Dunn on the Elation and he was so much more engaging throughout the cruise.

I'm heading out on the Splendor on June 14, I understand that the first sailing to the Mexican Riviera was a week or so ago, anyone returned and have thoughts?

I haven't seen any reviews on the Mexican Riviera trips, only the Caribbean and around South America sailings.

Ken was one of the highlights. That guy can flat out sing! Funny you say that about Goose, I felt he was just non-existent on our cruise...maybe that's better than lying. :) We had Stuart Dunn on the Elation and he was so much more engaging throughout the cruise.

I love Stuart Dunn!!! Going on the splendor in 4 days!!

I know that the SS category rooms have Spa Access on the Splendor and is include in the price of the room. How much is it to add the Spa access to all the other category rooms?

I just bought a CruiseTravel magazine Splendor is featured as ship of the month.. and i read that it is $35/day for spa access and $10 each for spa classes.

I just bought a CruiseTravel magazine Splendor is featured as ship of the month.. and i read that it is $35/day for spa access and $10 each for spa classes.

Zoom70, thanks for the prompt response. Where did you get the CruiseTravel magazine?

I'm heading out on the Splendor on June 14, I understand that the first sailing to the Mexican Riviera was a week or so ago, anyone returned and have thoughts?

I haven't seen any reviews on the Mexican Riviera trips, only the Caribbean and around South America sailings.

The first MR cruise out of Long Beach may have been this past Sunday April 5th. Someone please correct me if I'm worng.

Like everyone I'm interested in the upcoming reviews.

Archived