Cabs at Port of Miami

ndwife

there r a million cabs, in fact, if we ever sail out if miami again, i will have the sense to walk to the right out of the building..the drivers r in your face, i told a guy i needed a van, the 4 of us followed him quite a ways, it was a car. no! i ripped him a good one, we had alot of luggage and wanted a van. this a-hole was putting our luggage in his trunk and i lost it. i grabbed our bags out and proceded to get a van..i wish i would have known about the cabs all lined up on the road to the side. it is a madhouse for sure..

what is the real cab fare or 5 people with a suitcase & carryon@ to MIA airport from port of miami. Farefinder website says $24 flat rate for up to 5. I know I paid more last year.What is a customary tip?

there r a million cabs, in fact, if we ever sail out if miami again, i will have the sense to walk to the right out of the building..the drivers r in your face, i told a guy i needed a van, the 4 of us followed him quite a ways, it was a car. no! i ripped him a good one, we had alot of luggage and wanted a van. this a-hole was putting our luggage in his trunk and i lost it. i grabbed our bags out and proceded to get a van..i wish i would have known about the cabs all lined up on the road to the side. it is a madhouse for sure..
Sorry.....I am confused! :confused: Take a cab or NOT?? You said there are a million, but then you said you had a bad experience. I know you needed a van.

We are using the on board luggage valet service, so I'm thinking grabbing a cab will be best, but I'm not sure.

What about reserving a limo, anyone have experience with this?

Thanks! :)

Are there a lot of cabs at the port waiting for people or should I reserve a shuttle? I just don't know what time we will be getting off the boat.

Thanks-

Plenty of cabs are lined up at the exit of every cruise terminal. You should not have any type of a problem, most of the cab drivers are very friendly, helpful people.

some cabs r 4 door cars...some r vans for larger parties. we had alot of luggage and would be more comfy in a van not having to pile some bags on top of us. and yes, there will be a million cabs!

the cabs have flat rates posted on their windows. we took a cab from sunny isles to pom..it was $70 but we spilt with another couple. good thing, construstion would have had us nuts if we would have driven. i dont drive in this area any more, easier to hop a cab.

look for the cabs lined up, their drivers do not get out and grab onto u trying to lure u into their cab. when the drivers do this, they r parked down the street and have to get in the line of traffic..big line..

hope this helps u.

Yes you will find a lot of taxis out the front, but what you will also find is that the taxis have no people out the front coordinating any of them. And a LOT of rude people will just walk in front of you and jump into the taxi that you where next in line for. Yes you know who you ARE if you read this thread. Show some civility people you are not a herd of cattle. You will also have to pay the fee when you leave the port that will be added to your fare.

What fee is this? (agreed about civility lacking in some!)

The fee i think was only a dollar or two, the cab driver had to stop at a booth on the way out and hand over money to get out of the port area. Shame on the port authority for this.

i do not recall a fee but it has been almost 2 yrs since we sailed out of pom. next time i think we will just let a porter take all our bags and go right to a cab in line. we did get a van after all the bs but we were in a huge line of traffic and had to wait quite a while to get out..not our favorite port.

We paid no extra fees up front. It was in a total amount due with our tip added. We have had no trouble with rudeness by cruisers or cabbies at the port. Maybe we just cruise on "quieter" lines??? Or have we been just lucky?

We paid no extra fees up front. It was in a total amount due with our tip added. We have had no trouble with rudeness by cruisers or cabbies at the port. Maybe we just cruise on "quieter" lines??? Or have we been just lucky?

We paid no fee up front. The cab driver pulled over and payed the money at a booth on the way out. Maybe the cabs are all supposed to stop and many do not, maybe he was paying for his football bets, but the booth was at the port on the way out and after paying it he turned to us and said that he would have to add the money to our final fare. As for the "quieter lines" there was also a RCL ship beside us, and they might also have contributed to the stampede at the taxi lines, but having read other threads, line jumping and rude people are common on ALL cruise ships.

On a good point the cab driver was very polite :)

Archived