Pig-Napping

winesfine

I live in Folcroft, Pa (suburb of Philadelphia) and my sister lives in Exton, Pa (Chester county - outside of Philadelphia). We will be going to the Sertoma Chicken BBQ at Longs Park in Lancaster, Pa on 05/21/05. We could always drive through Intercourse to get there. We could also stop at the bakery in Bird in Hand. I would assume that a chicken bbq would be a safe stop for a pig. Here is the link for Long's Park

http://www.longspark.org/morechicken.html

Midsummers-eve is 24:th of june.

I'll see if I can get some typical festive pictures for you so you cab´n get an idea of how it works.

I just have so much fun thinking about you and the napped pig.

thanjs for a good laugh.

/Sandra

Hi there,

I am ebk2795's sister who lives near Intercourse. I am close enough to that area and if you want you can email you & I can give you my address so you can mail me what you want sent post-marked from there. It's an excuse to go shopping to the outlets in the Lancaster area.

my email is pkexton@aol.com

I live in Paducah, KY -- we are just across the river from Metropolis, IL (home of Superman). I could send a letter from Metropolis or from Paducah, KY.

Sounds like great fun.

We will be sailing from Ft. Lau. in April going thru the Panama Canal and landing in San Diego. Willing to mail from any or all of those locations.

aoamato@comcast.net

For the last 11 years my friends and I have hauled a can of black beans everywhere we go. , appropriately called Beans Around The World.

QUOTE]

what a surprise reading your post ----im friends with garys parents, an ambassador on your board---have some pix from new mexico that i keep meaning to mail to you. will also be on a panama canal cruise this march with rockytopmom as posted earlier and i hope to have some new pic for you then

I can offer up the following...

Plymouth, MA anytime except for the period covered by the following... these dates might not be exact...

Charleston, SC 4/14-4/16

Puerto Rico4/18

St Thomas 4/20

St Maarten 4/21

St Lucia 4/22

Barbados 4/25

Aruba 4/27

Miami 4/29

email me at iwanitplzatyahoodotcom if I can help :) Piggy meets the pilgrims? Piggy at Plymouth Rock?

Excellent ideas, everyone. I'm hoping to get some more letters done this weekend. I spent last weekend trying to put 1,000+ pictures on a disk (sequentially) that were sent to me from 3 couples who went on our Tahiti cruise. Wow, what a lot of work.

My first task this weekend is to get LP married in Las Vegas (there is a letter being sent from Vegas first week of February so the parents know the pig has been there). I thought I would put the wedding picture in a valentine's card, mailed from Intercourse, PA (thanks to pkexton). We all know what happens with intercourse! .... I found 3 baby pigs and 2 baby frogs this weekend at second hand stores. A friend gave me a little black sheep to add to the litter. I think one more baby frog will round out the brood. One of the babies I found is actually a little Kermit so he's perfect.

There are so many places this little piggy can go. I'm so glad you help me with suggestions because it helps to create the letter if I already know an idea.

I think the one for Hawaii (when I get to it), will be pictures of her surfing, hula dancing, etc. but she will complain about the group that tried to get her to go in the underground sauna :D

Later, everyone, gotta go do some real work.

Winesfine,

I just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying this little adventure as much as you are. I appreciate that your are keeping us up to date on LP. Do you include LP traveling options in her correspondence? Like how is she getting from Las Vegas to Intercourse? Have you taken any non-descript pictures of her hitchhiking or as stowaway on a truck?

BTW I will be in Victoria on June 15th on my Alaskian cruise.

Deb

How fun!!

My daughter is a competitive cheerleader so we will be in San Antonio Texas on February 18-20. Piggy want to remember the Alamo?

And Ft. Worth in early March, if you wanted the pig to have a close call in Cowtown.

We will also be on the Pride out of Long Beach in April.

My daughter also had a flat Stanley when she was in Kindergarten. My SIL took a picture of him at the World Trade Center.

Has Piggy been to the great NW yet? I live in Portland Oregon and my daugher lives in Anchorage. We will be doing the Alaska cruise in July 2005. Let me know if I can add to her adventures. My step son is a well known musician and composer here in the Portland area...maybe we can hook her up with him somehow! My e-mail is dodieh@comcast.net. If you want to look at my step-son's web site go to mahrecords.com. Perhaps you can download a pic of him and put Piggy on the piano!!

Hi there -- I am planning to take a ride out with a friend I work with to the Intercourse area on February the 12th (Saturday) so if you can get my address info & the letter you need me to send the beginning of the week I should be able to have it postmarked for that weekend. I can also buy a small magnet or something to stick in the envelope for a souvenir.

Pkexton, I was working on the "wedding" photo last night. Hope to have it finished tonight and will put it in the mail tomorrow. I'm leaving for Winnipeg for the weekend tomorrow so I have to get this done. Man, life is just too busy these days. Thanks for your help. If I don't have your mailing address (I'm sending this from work) at home, could you e-mail me at rickandval@shaw.ca

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

:) What a TOO CUTE IDEA!!! I LOVE IT!! I WANT to be a part of the pigs "Great Adventure"!! We will be going on the Norwegian Dawn in April and I could send a post card from my town of Mount Kisco, New York too.

Goodness, she will be an EXTREMELY well traveled pig, lucky pig!!

My e-mail is: suesanjeanb@aol.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

Suesan:):):)

Hi there

Did the parents of the pig get the Valentine's Card I sent from Intercourse? I emptied the whole bag of the glitter hearts and had to tape around the edges - they were falling out all over my floor. I was at a store that weekend & brought stickers (cupids w/hearts) and put them all over the envelope.

Pat

Archived