Communication Problems in Belize

Coral Breeze

Hi everyone.

Something happened in Belize that took out much of the communications (internet and phone). I received a call from our crew in Belize who could finally get through via phone but after we got cut off, we have not been able to touch base again. This has been going on since last Thursday or Friday as far as I can tell.

I'm just letting anyone know who may have tried to contact a tour operator or have upcoming tours planned and you have not heard back from them. The last message I received was that it was not known when the problem would be fixed.

If I find out more information, I will update this thread.

It seems phone communications have improved but internet/email is still not available in Belize. I heard rumor that it would not be restored until this Saturday (12/4), but no one can say for certain.

The problem appears to be a cable in the sea that was damaged.

Again, this is only informational in case you are trying to contact an operator in Belize.

Thanks for the head up Paul. We were having a small amount of difficulty with your website but were able to make our reservations after only a few attempts. Hope things will be back up and running smoothly for you soon! Can't wait to visit Belize in January.

This should be the last update. Things seem to be back to normal regarding communications in Belize. Hopefully any issues anyone had contacting an operator in Belize have been resolved. I'm sure there is a back log of emails, so please be patient.

As always...enjoy Belize, it is beautiful country.

Archived