Waitlisted for Dining???

stefyo

From Carnival's web site...I'm not sure how long it's been there....

Confirmed Dining

At time of booking, Carnival guests will be able to confirm their preferred dining choice. If their preference is not available, they may confirm an alternate choice and be waitlisted for their preferred choice. Waitlists will be cleared prior to the sailing and guests will be notified by email.

That's strange. I booked very early - in September for a June cruise - and was not waitlisted at that time. My waitlist status has just recently happened.

Absolutely you have always been waitlisted and just didnt know it, i was told by CCL that this now says waitlisted so that it isnt a big issue when you get your sail and sign card and a lot of people freak. ALSO........Call Carnival MANY of the ships are OPEN SEATING We did it on the Liberty in February and we are on the Destiny in May and they wont have it until June, but Ive been told that by mid summer all ships on Carnival will have the option of open seating.

That's strange. I booked very early - in September for a June cruise - and was not waitlisted at that time. My waitlist status has just recently happened.

Waitlist is just the new way they are listing your dining status on the cruise documents. It is something that just started happening about a week ago.

Nothing has changed other than the wording. Whatever dining time you requested is still in place as a request. Carnival has never guaranteed that you would be assigned what you requested unless you are Platinum.

Carnival is now saying that they will be changing the way they handle your dining time, and will actually be confirming your dining assignment before you get to the ship. They are apparently in the process of doing this and that is why it is appearing on everyone's documents as "waitlisted".

It will be nice when they get the new system all squared away and folks can actually find out before their cruise what dining time they are assigned to. Also, in doing it that way, the people who book early should be able to get their preferred dining time.

So, what happens if you are a small group. We requested late dining and there will be 9 of us. I doubt we'd be able to show up on sailing day if we were given early and be switched to late.

I think you have an excellent chance of getting assigned to late seating because the early seating is usually the more difficult to get into.

Make sure your group all have your dining times linked by booking numbers with the person you booked with (TA or PVP or whatever).

Both of my reservations now say "WAITLISTED"

I just rechecked mine and it said "you may eat whenever and wherever you wish...Have a great cruise Sir....& complimentary Supper Club on us". What's up with that?

I think that they are probably adding "waitlisted" to avoid complaints from people who missed the fact that the dining times are "requested" and not guaranteed, nor confirmed until boarding.

I agree. I noticed this on my ressie the other day...

We too prefer the late seating and have always been given that. We like not having to rush to get ready after port days and love to take advantage of the pool area when it is deserted!! If we needed early seating and couldnt get it, we would probably just stick to the buffets or grab a snack to tide us over til dinner!

I just rechecked mine and it said "you may eat whenever and wherever you wish...Have a great cruise Sir....& complimentary Supper Club on us". What's up with that?

Boots? Where's my boots?:eek:

Forget the boots, I need Waders!:D

Dan

ours says "early dining 6 p.m. (waitlisted)" for early seating. that's the seating we requested. so hopefully it works out. if not, we'll request it when we get on board. our son will be 21 months old at the time of our cruise and I don't think anyone will want to risk having a sleepy, fussy toddler in the dining room for the late seating! :)

Archived