Self Arranged Diving in Costa Maya

SoSiouxme

Hi all,

I'll be arriving in Costa Maya on 12/15 on the Carnival Miracle. The itinerary says we'll be arriving at 10:00 a.m. and leaving at 6:00 p.m. I know that this is the ship's time - not necessarily local time.

As there appear to be no ship sponsored diving excursions in this port, I've looked on the net and been lurking on these boards to plan a self-arranged diving excursion.

I've been in contact with Blue Ha in Majuahal (I'm sure I bastardized that spelling - no disrespect intended). My only concern is this - the dive times state 10, 12, 2, and 4 -- Tanya of Blue Ha recommended that 12 & 2 dives which would get me off the dive boat by 3:30 -- I assume that is local time which means ship time of 4:30. Will I have time to get from Blue Ha to the port in an hour at a leisurely pace - and even, have a margarita on the way?

Or, are there other diving arrangements that might work better for my time constraints. Thanks all!

-Sioux

Archived