Early Saver Request Form & Response Time?

gracie65

I was checking rates last night on carnival for some friends interested in going the same week we are going. I noticed the price looked a little lower so I checked our category an 8E. I was doing the Happy Dance when it had gone down $100.00 for the whole week for three of us. I had just gotten the link to the Price Drop Request Form from my PVP the day before. Of course, I filled it out & submitted it. My question is, how long has it taken others to hear back on the approval? Should I also call my PVP today & tell her?

I just filled out my form this morning as well - ours went down $100 as well. It says that it takes 2 days to process, and I have heard from others on this board that they have not received notification of the approval. If you haven't heard from them after a couple of business days, I would suggest that you call your PVP to check on it.

Congrats.

I was checking rates last night on carnival for some friends interested in going the same week we are going. I noticed the price looked a little lower so I checked our category an 8E. I was doing the Happy Dance when it had gone down $100.00 for the whole week for three of us. I had just gotten the link to the Price Drop Request Form from my PVP the day before. Of course, I filled it out & submitted it. My question is, how long has it taken others to hear back on the approval? Should I also call my PVP today & tell her?

Hi!

Noticed a price reduction on our cruise for Oct. and submitted on Wed. Received the reduced price confirmation today (Sat.) They will reduce the price prior to final payment and give you an onboard credit after final payment. This was an Early Savor price reduced $120, I'm SO happy!

Hi!

Noticed a price reduction on our cruise for Oct. and submitted on Wed. Received the reduced price confirmation today (Sat.) They will reduce the price prior to final payment and give you an onboard credit after final payment. This was an Early Savor price reduced $120, I'm SO happy!

We too go at the end of Oct. so we're well before the final payment. I guess it pays to check the rates often!!!!

What happens with a "guarantee" rate code which is not posted? How do you find out if it has dropped as well? Is there a place to check this, or do you need to go back to the TA for him to do it?

MARAPRINCE

It has to be a carnival price. If there's a online site or ta that is knocking the price down by giving up part of their commision or has a block of rooms to make it cheaper than the online carnival price, you can't match it.

What happens with a "guarantee" rate code which is not posted? How do you find out if it has dropped as well? Is there a place to check this, or do you need to go back to the TA for him to do it?

MARAPRINCE

Why isn't your rate posted? If you booked say, Balcony Guarantee/OV Guar or IS Guar, just monitor that rate.

If it drops below the rate you booked, fill out the form.

I still haven't gotten my rate adjusted yet! I submitted the form 5 days ago (3 business days). I called them twice and they said they are backed up so I sent over another form.

Thanks for posting this. I don't have mine back either. I guess since they lowered so many prices that makes sense that they would be backed up.

Our rates are really low, $249 pp, is there any chance it could drop below that?

Hard to say, it really depends how well and which catergories are selling.

$249 is pretty good. Is that a 4 or 5 day cruise?

4 day out of New Orleans in September. I'm happy with the price I have (not necessarily the room that I have) and would have a nicer room but am traveling with my family and not all can afford a better class so we are sticking together on MAIN!

I just submitted my request this morning as well for the price reduction of 100 per cabin and we have 3!!! YAY.....as we have not made the final payment, will they reimburse my credit card or give us on board credit.

Received our adjusted rate ater three days of notification to Carnival. Since our final payment isn't due yet, they reduced the amount of the final payment by $120 for our cruise. They give OBC only after you have made final payment.

I found the price drop for our's on late saturday night, I filled out the claim form. This morning my PVP called ( for another reason) and said did you see the priced dropped, make sure you fill out the form. I told her I did and she said if I don't hear anything by Wednesday to call and let her know. We'll get OBC since we paid in full when we booked. I Love our PVP, she's great.

I've gotten my adjustments within a couple of days (maybe 3 if a weekend was included). But my PVP said it's always best to go ahead and confirm with a Carnival agent the lower price, have them note your booking that you are turning in a form, and also not the date and time when you and the rep confirmed the rate decrease. The rep has a 3 digit employee code and you should also include in your remarks.

She said that once they receive the form and see her notes they don't need to do any further research to go ahead and process the form.

I found the price drop for our's on late saturday night, I filled out the claim form. This morning my PVP called ( for another reason) and said did you see the priced dropped, make sure you fill out the form. I told her I did and she said if I don't hear anything by Wednesday to call and let her know. We'll get OBC since we paid in full when we booked. I Love our PVP, she's great.

follow up, I recieved an email from carnival today, it' looks just like the email you get with your booking number/etc. I noticed the price was the same but it now say's $120.00 on board credit ( we pd in full when we booked) so it only took 3 day's to get the credit. Thank you Carnival:)

Archived