Best Travel Insurance

riddle

We booked our August 2009 cruise through CAS. They did not inquire if we wanted travel insurance and I did not think about it at the time.

I am thinking we should get it. I know a lot of people use independent companies for travel insurance. Can I get some recommendations for companies you have used in the past? Thanks for the help.

I suggest that you go to www.insuremytrip.com and check out the policies that they have to offer. The best type of insurance depends upon what you want covered. For many of us, the worst scenario is the need for medical evacuation which can cost well into the 10-20,000 range. We always choose a poicy that has super coverage for medical evac.

You can compare the policies and decide from there.

we 'collected' from CSA bought thru the above link:)

just a sand flea bite in Roatan had me w/raging fever & golf ball size infection w/i a few days & I had to visit the infirmiry. Note that i did have to pay via CC yet was reimbursed within weeks after providing all the receipts, etc.:D BTW, think in area of $600:eek:for dr to prescribe a handful of antibiotics

additionally, we have to make sure that pre-existing conditions r covered (mostly for elderly mother who lives in MIL apt with us). Not many that u can add on before final cruise payment (most stipulate w/i 14 days of 1st pmt), again - CSA permits with their uppermost policy

good luck

Archived