Jones New York Question ???

Occy

I spotted a suit on e-bay that I want to bid on. It's a size 12 and the measurements that this particular "warehouse company" give indicates it wld fit me perfect. (I normally take a 12 in most clothing)

I went onto Jones NY just to verify the sizing by looking at their sizing chart and going by that one, I would take a 14. I'm confused. It's a non-returnable item so I don't want to get it only to find it doesn't fit. So my question is, has anyone any experience with their sizing. Is it true, on the large size, or smaller ??

Bidding closes in 7 hours and I'd REALLY appreciate your input. Many thx.

I'm pretty much in agreement with smoothdancer, never had to purchase a size larger. In other words, it seems to me that if you normally wear a 12, then the suit should fit. I have found that there CAN be variations in size within a brand but have not found Jones New York to run small.

I've also purchased Jones New York suits on eBay and all the ones I've purchased have always been true to size.

With that being said, if you are worried and you are getting a great deal you could always purchase one size larger and have it altered if need be. Just calculate that into the cost that you are getting the suit for to determine whether you are really getting a deal.

I ended up not bidding on it. What I'm going to do is next time we're in Nanaimo, I'll go into The Bay (which carried JNY) and try a suit on in size 12. That way I'll be prepared next time I see something come up for bid. After reading all your replies, I have a feeling the 12 will be okay.

Thx. again for answering my post.

I ususlly wear a size 12 and last fall I was in Winnipeg shopping with my cousin and we went into the Jones New York shop.

I bough a velour tracksuit (pants & jacket) to wear for travelling and I got the pants in a size large and I think the jacket was an XL but I am not sure.

They were made smaller anyway. I was in The Bay the other day in Nanaimo and seen some but didn't try them on as they didn't have the color I wanted but I imagine the sizes would be the same as in Winnipeg.

Archived