Differences between Princess and RCI

PA8880

I posted a thread a few days ago about which you all perferred, and I got a ton of responses - thank you!

I'm a bit confused about the atrium? If Princess doesn't have a promenade like RCI, what do they have? Do they have shops and such?

Also, you also mentioned that the dining was set up differently. Can you tell me how Princess is set up? do you choose the 7 or 8 o clock dining like on RCI? I remember the RCI was 3 dining rooms in one - is that the same for Princess?

Thank you all!!:D

I haven't sailed RCI, so I can only comment on Princess. Instead of a promenade they have an atrium. If you google image search "Princess atrium" there are lots of pics to give you an idea of what it is. There are a few different kinds of shops. There is also a coffee bar, the International Cafe, and Vines wine and sushi bar in the atrium. From what I've seen the royal promenade on RCI looks a lot bigger than the atrium on princess, yet the atrium spans a few different floors. Also, to me the atrium looks more elegant while the royal promenade looks more like a mall.

For dining Princess has three smaller dining rooms instead of one large one. One dining room is for traditional dining, where you have either an early seating or a late seating. The other two dining rooms are for Anytime dining. During Anytime dining you just go down whenever you want to eat (I believe their hours are between 5:30 and 10). With anytime dining you don't have to eat at the same time every night and you don't have to sit at the same table every night. The menu's and dress codes are the same for all three dining rooms.

Archived