Atlantis Submarine at Grand Cayman

R&Ronashipagain

This is something we are also interested in. But we have noticed that while it is listed in Carnival's shore excursions, it is not listed for our sailing in Sept.

We went on Atlantis with my mother and her 85 year old husband and it was the most interesting experience. We booked directly with Atlantis and everything went off without a hitch. You do not feel any pressure inside the submarine and we went down around 105 feed. I have some photos of the ride in my slideshow of our Conquest cruise (they are about midway through if you don't want to watch the entire slideshow):

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=otterfun&P=&AID=5202794&CID=0&Show=Y&E=Y

We did the submarine 2 years ago. We booked the Carnival shore tour, but the submarine is available to any one who walks up and buys a ticket. I think it is $5 to $10 cheaper if you purchase it yourself. Their building is a short walk to the right from the tender dock. They will load you onto a boat and you will go out to deeper water to transfer from the boat to the submarine. It was a great way to see underwater without getting wet.

We booked directly with them. It was $10 cheaper. But the main reason we did it that way was because they had an earlier departure than Carnival was offering, and it allowed us to book an extra excursion to the Stingrays. The sub has a depth guage, so you can see how deep you are at any time. One thing to note is that like scuba, when you are deeper the colors aren't as briliant. A lot of colors at 100 feet are greayish.

Archived