Valor Review 3/15/09-3/22/09 with PICTURES

I think we're going to book the 5/17 Valor today! Just deciding where to book it through

Not sure if we should hold off and wait for the price to drop any further. We're thinking about doing inside guarantee, but don't want to end up with bunk beds -- I need to read the fine print and make sure we'll get at least a 4A. Last cruise we also did inside guarantee and got upgraded to a partially-blocked oceanview room, but I read that first time cruisers usually get the upgrades so I don't want to count on one. ;)

Jordan - another question! I know the Valor has a "adult" pool area, but was wondering how that was and if you saw many kids there? Also, what about that air conditioned shopping mall in Belize - where is that? Thanks again, all of your info has been most helpful!

I saw a handful of children throughout the week, I remember one child in the hot tub with his parents, and mid-fifties man complianed nicely, and the child got out of the hot tub. The only kids I saw were "passing through"

The air conditioned mall isn't like a mall that we have in the US or Canada, much, much smaller! However, It is RIGHT there when you get off of the tender boats. You can't miss it :). So once you get off of the tender, just walk straight.

Jordon - thanks for all the wonderful information. My daughter and I will be on the Valor 5/17 with the same itinerary! You said that you did some shopping in Belize - was it near the port? There has been SO much talk about this particular not being safe, so I was just wondering what you thought? We haven't picked an excursion for this port yet, still trying to decide. Thought about the city tour and Belize Zoo. Have you heard anything about this excursion? Maybe from someone on your cruise. Thanks again!

Yes! All the shopping was very near the port. I felt safe the entire time. However, there is a white gate outside of the "safe" shopping. There were people trying to get you to catch a ride in their taxi, have them braid your hair (no thank you!!! I'm not trying to get lice!) I did notice a LOT of security guards making sure that these people didnt get into the gates that enclosed the safe shopping. I would say do a Carnival tour in Belize in Roatan, just to make sure you're 100% safe. The shopping is completely safe though. Nobody was too pushy. I hope you have fun!!

jdbmga- Thank you so much for your warm wishes! I wish your daughter luck! The first year is the most difficult in my opinion. I'm sure she will do great in whatever she sets her mind to!

lovemyfamily- I was on the lookout for you all week!!! I was sure that I would run into you! I hope you had a great time, and I hope that the weather treats your family well!

cuteflyygirl- Aw congratulations on your three year anniversary! I'm glad you two found a hobby that you both enjoy. Cruising is so much fun, and I'm glad I got Mark hooked! He's talking about going on one in August before school now! I better start saving up...

Robin and Ashley- Thank you for stopping by!! I wish I could sail with you.

Archived