Spa treatments on X

WineDown17

Looking to book some treatments on Summit in May....

Can anyone comment on the quality of the experience? I know folks say they are overpriced, but I dont find the prices to be all that different from my local spas...

Has anyone booked one of the ceremony packages? Would love some details... I cant have them all so I need help deciding.

Thanks!

I was on the 3/14 Century 5-night and I thought the spa was great. I found the prices slightly cheaper than similar type spas at home and thought the service was great; they also automatically add a 10% gratuity. I had a 90-minute seaweed wrap and half-body massage which was great.

I am looking forward to my Alaska Cruise on the Millennium in June and can't wait for some spa time!

I was on the 3/14 Century 5-night and I thought the spa was great. I found the prices slightly cheaper than similar type spas at home and thought the service was great; they also automatically add a 10% gratuity. I had a 90-minute seaweed wrap and half-body massage which was great.

Did they try to push their product sales on you after treatment? DW and I had a couples massage on Princess and it was very relaxing, but the feeling was dampered afterwards when they did a 10-15 min sales pitch of their lotions and products. We somewhat felt pressured even after saying "No, Thank You" several times.

I know RCI and Carnival Corp use the same company "Steiner" and they operate independently from the the cruise lines. Althrough we're definitely planning on a few treatments on our upcoming X cruise, I'm wondering if we should expect this same pressured sales pitch from the Steiner employees on X?

Joe

My wife used spa on constellation extensively, including some sort of Ceremony thing using a strange mixture of milk ginger and seaweed. Said it was great. she did lots of other things too - she particularly enjoyed a hot stone massage (with or without the milk ginger and seaweed, i can't remember)

Me i stayed away as much as possible.

We both attended the "tour" of the spa just after boarding. This was not so much a tour as a half hour long heavy duty sales pitch that had the ladies gagging to sign up.

The tour (usually combines the spa and fitness center and is typically accompanied by a raffle of some sort at the end where they give away a free massage, free facial, sleep chamber, etc.

Not many people show up for the tour so, depending on the cruise, there is a good chance you could win a free service.

Steiner operates the spas on virtually every cruise ship and they are definitely more expensive than the spa services on land (I live in NYC and we have some of the most expensive prices in the country). But then again, its a vacation and a time to treat yourself to things you might not normally do.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the experience? I know folks say they are overpriced, but I dont find the prices to be all that different from my local spas...

If a spa treatment is close in price to your local spa, then it is indeed overpriced on the ship. In my experience, spa prices on ships are uniformly far too expensive and the quality of spa treatments is not even close to what I can get on land.

I no longer book spa treatments on ships.

We love the spa:) It's just an additional way to relax. I always use the Persian Gardens, too. My DH will go to the spa board and lol I can't get him near one at home.

We forgot to check out the Persian Gardens when we were on the ship. The enclosed area of the "T-Pool" (not like the T-Pool on the C-class ships) was quite noisy, which surprised me. Next time I'll walk around and see if there is a quieter spot in there, but we were quite disappointed in how "un-relaxing" the area was. This was on the Infinity.

Do they have the showers with multiple shower heads in the locker rooms in the spa area on the Millenium? They had this on the Spirit Class ships on Carnival and I loved using the showers there after working out and using the spa areas. My next cruise is to Alaska on the Millenium in June and I am hoping that they will have these showers and a great locker room/spa area. The use of the locker rooms which included the showers, steam room and sauna were free on Spirit Class ships. I am hoping that they are free on the Millenium too.

We just got off the Summit. On Weds they had a "spa auction". It was run much like the art auctions. I got some great deals. I won a free facial, then purchased a 25 min facial/25 min massage for $60, and a mens 2 hour treatment for $80. I can't remember the original prices, but both of these were half off or more. The girl who did my facial said that they had been really slow, so I assume that the spa auction was to generate more business. I don't know if they do this on every cruise or just when they are slow. They did a good job with all of the treatments. They do try to sell their products, but it is not a hard sell. Enjoy!

Great info!! The auction sounds like fun!

I also read that they now have acupuncture and other services where Notes used to be.. Cant wait!

Price of our room dropped $1600 today.. that will buy a LOT of treatments!!

I love them... and given that I dont have time to pamper myself at home.. I plan to take full advantage of this on the cruise!!

Thanks everyone!

I am a spa junkie. I love, love, LOVE the spa treatments. The wraps and massages are great, the manicure and pedicure is good, and the detox is unique. We even enjoy the Persian Garden.

If I would make a recommendation it would be to avoid the "Choose 3 for $99" or one of those menu of mini-treatments. The abbreviated nature of the massage and other treatments is unsatisfying. Go for the full-blown pampering.

News to me on our last cruise (Infinity,March, 2009 ) was the Medi-Spa which I had not seen on our cruise before in November on the Millie. There were lectures about lifestyle, aging, skin care. Treatments namely Botox were available onboard.

What I saw on the Millie ( Hawaii to New Zealand with loads of sea days) was the 'Bidding Box'. Now this was smart. I would put a bid in the box (which was found by the shops or the buffet entrance) for a treatment such as a facial and how much I was willing to spend. The Spa would call the room if there were available times and technicians. I managed to snag a facial at half price. Infinity only offered this on the first day of their South America cruise which left Buenos Aires, March 1, 2009.

Archived