Bannister Island Tour Cancellation

happywhenImcruizin

I just got off the phone with Carnival and they said that even though it still shows up on our reservation, it will be canceled when we get on board and we'll receive an OBC for it.

We're sailing on the Valor April 12th.

I just got off the phone with Carnival and they said that even though it still shows up on our reservation, it will be canceled when we get on board and we'll receive an OBC for it.

Since we sail in June, we are hoping they re-institute the Bannister Island Beach Break!:)

If not, we may have to go online while on the ship and book the Coral Breeze Tour to the island..!!:rolleyes: 2nd choice is the Belekin Brewery thru Coral Breeze.. I'm sure we'll find something.. Hate to go to a foreign country, and 'not get off the ship'..!:o

We did the Altun Ha/River Wallace several years ago thru CCL and really enjoyed the experience..:D

We were on the Glory on the 21st of March and booked through Coral Breezes to go snorkeling and to the Island. The snorkeling was great, Mr. Big and staff was wonderful. Bannister Island was beautiful. We had no idea why no one was there at the time and thoroughly enjoyed having the place to "ourselves". The bar and restaurant was open as was the little store. Not sure how I would have felt if I had known about the murder but we had a fantastic day.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that Carnival is just keeping everybody's $ for this excursion that will be canceled! They'll credit it back, but not for a while!

The excursion is now showing up again for June, but is not available for online booking! :) Must be purchased onboard ship!:p

We shall see... If CCL does cancel it again, we'll just book thru Coral Breeze while on the ship via the web! :D

I booked it last week thru Carnival - had seen it was taken off the list for awhile then was re-added. I booked it on their site and it shows up in my itinerary. (It was called XPrivate Beach Break). I'm gona call to double check, but that doesn't make sense if they canceled it then put it back on but are planning on keeping it canceled.

I booked it last week thru Carnival - had seen it was taken off the list for awhile then was re-added. I booked it on their site and it shows up in my itinerary. (It was called XPrivate Beach Break). I'm gona call to double check, but that doesn't make sense if they canceled it then put it back on but are planning on keeping it canceled.
Let us know what you find out! Once I saw them (CCL) put it back up on their list of excursions, I figured they were going to be going there again.. No sense in adding it, then taking it away, as people would be disappointed at the last minute!:o

When I looked for our sailing in June, the tour was listed 'Xprivate Beach Break', but must be booked on-board the ship..:(

It still shows in my itinerary, as well, having booked it several months ago..:)

Don't know about Carnival, but I was just on NCL Spirit last week and we went there. This was thru the ships "beach break" excursion, so it sounds alot like the Carnival one. I was also worried before we left that we would not be able to go, did not book in advance. Everything was beautiful! Great weather, play area for the kids...and no one else on the excursion I talked to even knew about the murder!

When we got on the ship, we had tickets waiting in our cabin for the beach break. I went down to the shore excursion desk when the line had died down the next morning and they confirmed that we were ON for the excursion. We went and everything turned out okay. I played Jessica Fletcher while we were there, sizing up everyone as a suspect. It was more crowded than I had expected, which, given the circumstances made me feel better, not worse.

My only complaint was that the beach area was very small. I thought the whole island would be surrounded by beach, but in reality it was only a tiny section of beach. The rum punch drink was surprisingly big and strong!

My only complaint was that the beach area was very small. I thought the whole island would be surrounded by beach, but in reality it was only a tiny section of beach. The rum punch drink was surprisingly big and strong!
If all else fails, if they want to give me "way too many drinkies", all will be fine...:D;)

Ok, just got back from our cruise, the Private Island Beach Break did go on as planned thru Carnival. I did love the beach, there seemed to be plenty of chairs and the sand was soft - not rocky. We didn't eat, so can't comment on the food, we had filled up at breakfast . . it was worth the $$, my teens had fun - they did the water trampoline and the kayaks. The workers seemed very friendly . . you can find some conch shells if you look hard enough - they are great to bring back (just can't bring back any of the star fish or anything alive in a shell). It was easy getting off the boat on the pier too, just had steps to go up and down, no ladder, so if someone has a problem w/co-ordination, I found it to be easy. Have fun if you booked it!

Many thanks for the update!!:) We are looking forward to this 'beach day', as we are doing 'island tours' in COZ and Roatan!!:p

GC is still 'up in the air'..!!;)

We paid $45.00 per person thru CCL, on-line, a couple months ago..:D

I think we paid approx $50 per person - we did the stingray add on - I think its cheaper to just do the beach. . . maybe $45 per person.
We just signed up for the 'beach break' at $45.00....:p

I'll consider the 'add-on' if the 'kid' wants to do it...:rolleyes::D

Archived