rent or buy snorkel gear?

pazandak63

I keep reading that we shouldn't buy these sets because the mask might not fit. I bought the body glove sets from Sam's Club for $40.00 each. The women's set has a smaller mask. Bothmasks fit and work just fine. Just out of curiosity I went into a local dive shop to compare prices. Just to buy the roughly equivalent dry snorkel, fins and bag that came with my set would have cost over the $40.00. So even if the mask didn't fit right, I would have been better off buying the set at Sam's and taking a chance on the mask. At most I would still need to get a better fitting mask, and would have an emergency back-up mask.

• 3 weeks later...

Cruisechik, did you buy your regular prescription, or can one just buy reading type glasses? The prescription lenses look rather expensive for a birthday gift, which is what I want them for. Not for me.

Did you have any problem with the masks fitting?

I also bought the Body Glove snorkel sets from Sam's Club for $40. The mask seem to fit perfectly for both my husband and myself.

I was going to ask if anyone knew anything about these. http://www.gartsports.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1880816&cp&keywords=snorkel+masks&searchId=5378743580&parentPage=search

Is the "Arid Dry Snorkel" with purge the snorkel that doesn't allow water to get into it?

Thanks.

Archived