Has anyone done the "Panoramic Rome" trip diect with P & O

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this so please excuse me if i do anything wrong!!

I would like to know if anyone has been on the "Panoramic Rome" excursion with P & O direct.

I want to know if its a good way to see Rome etc.

My husand is disabled and cant walk far at all and we have two children aged 3 and 5 so i dont think we could do any longer trips as the kids will be bored out of there minds!!, but me and my hubby really want to see Rome.

Thankyou so much for your time

Cheers:)

We've never used P & O but in general Europe is not as handicapped friendly as the US. I'm sure you will get responses on this board. Also consider posting your question on the various city forums of sites like http://www.virtualtourist.com

You will get responses and suggestions from VT members who actually live in the cities you are visiting. They might be able to offer ideas of what sites are easiest to see. Are you staying in Rome or just visiting as a port? What other cities are on your itinerary? Marty

Thankyou for your reply,

We are just in port for one day at Civitavecchia, thats one of things that is worrying me with what tour to pick, because of the 1 1/2 hours travelling to Rome and back with the children.

We are also stopping at Barcelona, Villefrance and other places, but these are the main ones that i would like to tour in.

Thanks again

Thankyou for your reply,

We are just in port for one day at Civitavecchia, thats one of things that is worrying me with what tour to pick, because of the 1 1/2 hours travelling to Rome and back with the children.

We are also stopping at Barcelona, Villefrance and other places, but these are the main ones that i would like to tour in.

Thanks again

There are lots of variables in planning excursions in Europe. First, the time of year and the weather. Second, the amount of money you are willing to spend on excursions, private or ship's. Also, the endurance level to meet your needs. Rome from Civitavecchia is a very FULL day. A private excursion is costly but allows you to see the max w/o much walking. Still, for small children it is a very long day.

One place to start is the "meet and mingle/roll call" forum on Cruise Critic for your exact cruise. You can meet others and possibly plan together.

Since you are already four persons it might be difficult to find others to share a private excursion but do read your roll call board. Sharing private excursions lowers the per person cost.

Barcelona is easy on your own. You can take a taxi to Placa Catalunya, about a 15 minute ride from the port. There you can get the hop on bus taking you past all the main sites. You can get off/on when you want.

Villefranche is also OK on your own. You can get a public bus to Nice and split your time between Villefranche and Nice.

My suggestion is to read as much as possible on Cruise Critic. Search the Europe board for suggestion on your ports. Read your roll call. Ask lots of questions. CC members are the best!!! Lastly, narrow your choices and have a plan for each port. A med cruise requires lots of planning and your requirements even more so.

Good luck.

Marty

Archived