Need help w/ excursion ideas in Belize

traut101202

We have been to Belize twice and will be there again in just two week, can't wait! We used a company called Belizean Sun Tours (http://www.belizeansun.com/) all three times. We've done the cave tubing also a wonderful trip to the ruins in 04, Xunantunich Ruin was the first stop then to a smaller site called Cahal Pech (means Place of Ticks) that the cruise ships don't go to. The guide was amazing, knew all kinds of facts. They also offer a canoe trip that sounded fun. The owner mentioned the zip line and something called Zorbing, I think someone else called it Jungle Bounce. They strap you into a giant ball and roll you down a hill, not my thing but could be fun. In the past we've always skipped lunch and just had local snacks and drinks in the van so we had more time on the river and also gave us time to visit the second ruin, which was great because we were the only people there. We like this company because the owner, Ken, will change the basic tours to fit your needs, just send him an email and let him know what your interests are (some of the other companies listed in the message boards my also offer this). Because we've used the company before we're going to his land to hike to some caves and have lunch prepared by his wife, maybe a swim if we have time, so excited!

If you like a little strenuous adventure, then I highly recommend "Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves" excursion through Carnival. I just returned from the cruise a couple of weeks ago and did this excursion. I LOVED IT! It was a fun active excursion where you walk and zipline through caves, walk across two swinging rope bridges, rapelling down a cave wall, and hiking through the jungle and the best is the great lunch afterwards that they provided. Grilled beef and chicken kabobs with beans and tortillas and what they called Jungle Juice..hehe. The only disappointing part was that we didn't have enough time to look at the pictures that they took; however, they did provide an e-mail address to inquire on them, which I did. They e-mailed the pictures to me free of charge for the inconvenience. I love it!

Archived