Alternative dining on Formal Night

spottythecat

I am NOT trying to get everyone worked up about dress code. But, my question:

I don't care to pack a suit for my husband (he won't wear it) and for my boys (8 and 10). So, is room service our only option or can we go to a buffet instead?

Thanks,

Pam

Hopefully this will not be deleted:

You can eat at Topsiders or you can still go to the main dining room. Not everyone will dress up in formal wear. Just go dressed neatly and they will let you in. All the navigator requests on formal night is no shorts.

We were the same way...my husband was good with getting into a shirt and tie for the semi-formal night, but really didn't want to dress up for formal night because he has to dress up all the time for work.

We ended up wearing the usual dinner outfits (he had slacks and a polo shirt) and going to Topsiders on the early end of dinner. There were several others doing the same thing, so you won't be alone.

You could also eat in the room (room service) or grab something casual from the area near the Goofy Pool (where there's pizza, chicken fingers, panini, etc.) and take it back to the room, which is really nice if you have a verandah room, or eat near the pool and just make it a casual evening.

You do not need to be in a suit and tie for formal night. DD and I wore tea length dresses, DH wore a suit, minus the tie (dress pants, shirt and jacket).

And there are many people that do not dress up. If you wear your cruise casual you will be fine in the dining room.

And yes, there are people that go all out with tuxes and gowns but you do not need to go to this length.

The food is excellent on formal night. I wouldn't skip the dining room because of the dress code. Just don't go in bathing suits and shorts. :D

Archived