Seattle Area Hotels

I hope someone can help me with this. I have a few days after my cruise and before my flight home. I want to choose between the Fairfield Inn Sea Tac or the one in Bellevue. I am using some points but still have to pay for one night. The airport hotel is about $60 cheaper for the night. Has anyone stayed at either or both of these hotels?:confused::confused::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

It depends. If you stay by Seatac, there is nothing you'll want to do that will be nearby (just hotels, fast food, and sketchy dive bars in that area). But it's pretty easy to get into downtown from the airport area via public transit or a taxi. If you stay in Bellevue, that hotel is out near Microsoft's campus, and again there isn't much to see (some shopping, car dealerships, fast food but no dive bars) and it will take longer to get into downtown. So, I'd pick the one by Seatac. A friend of mine stayed at the one by Seatac for a work trip, he said it was nice.

You might want to consider the Comfort Suites near Seattle Center and space needle.. very reasonable price (like airport area places) but near monorail (4 blocks) etc. Includes breakfast.. stayed there twice and again this year. You will pay a ton in cab fare or have to hassle with buses staying at airport or Bellevue?

• 2 weeks later...

That is where we always stay when we are in Seattle. It is near a grocery store, the monorail and Seattle Center. The staff is wonderful. It is a great value for downtown Seattle. (But we do not want everyone to know about it. - It may get too booked.) Enjoy your stay in Seattle. It is a lovely city.

I am new to this board joined a while but never posted. I am booked at the Comfort Inn arriving in Seattle on the 18th of June cruising on the X on the 19th. The hotel says their is a shuttle to the pier what trans. can we get from the airport. Also how close is the Pike Market and what mode of trans. do we need to use. First trip to Seattle and first cruise to Alaska.

Thanks for your help,

Marilyn

You can take a taxi from the airport or use the bus. (I am not sure of cost since we live in the area. From this hotel, you are walking distance to the Seattle Center. From there, you can take the monorail to Westlake Center and walk to the Pike Place Market. Another fun thing to check into is the Ride the Duck Boat tour. Have fun in Seattle and on your cruise.

Archived