Jewel 11/20 - 11/28 WOW!!!

yfraser

The winifred sailing sounds wonderful. Can anybody tell me how much it costs? Thank you

I just want to second the recommendation on the day sails. I took a vacation to St. Thomas back in September and my dh and I did one - WOW. There are a lot of boats that do them in St. Thomas. Also, write the visitor center before you go - there are a lot of coupons for pay for one person - get the second free. These are for the larger boats that hold up to 30 people, but they are still very romantic.

The one we went on had a great breakfast and lunch that was served. They also had great mixed drinks that they made right on the boat. It was a great time.

Shanafan,

I am also from Michigan and will be on the Jewel 2/12. Do you ahve any kids going on the cruise?After todays weather, I can't wait to leave. Jodi

No kids this time. We were invited to go with some friends that our sons played hockey together. They have a large group of extended family and friends going. Where abouts are you from. We live in Novi, and our friends are in Livonia. It is our kids mid winter break, but since we were invited with friends traveling without their kids, we thought it would be best to leave ours home, too. ( and much cheaper! )

No kids this time. We were invited to go with some friends that our sons played hockey together. They have a large group of extended family and friends going. Where abouts are you from. We live in Novi, and our friends are in Livonia. It is our kids mid winter break, but since we were invited with friends traveling without their kids, we thought it would be best to leave ours home, too. ( and much cheaper! )

We are from Lapeer. I work for oakland county

My son is 11yrs old. He cruises with us -total of 3 cruises thus far.

Can't imagine him not being with us. Good for you as when he is off to college I'm sure we'll experience the adult only cruise.

We are in cabin #1558.

I hope we run into your group.

Did you sign up for the winefred?

Shanafan... we also did Captain Marvins and absolutely adored our day in the Caymans...

I learned about both Captain Marvins and the Winifred here on the boards.. they are wonderful...

By the way everyone, I forgot to mention how smooth the sailing was... if the seas were unfriendly the weeks before they were definitely kind to us!

Embarkation... we arrived about 11:30 with water and wine in tow and were on the ship by 11:45... no lines!

Yfraser, when you say that you arrived with "water and wine in tow," did you bring the wine on with you in your carry on or checked luggage? If in your carry on, did you have any problems? My sister was told recently by RCL if you bring it on in your carry on, then they will charge you the corkage fee for each bottle at that time ... just wondering what your experience was.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Thanks!

Beth

Hi Chris,

You may not remember us. Stan & Marsha from the Mariner of the Seas Cruise last year. Sounds like you had a great time on the Jewel. We are leaving tomorrow for two weeks on the Jewel (back to back again). So where you guys going next year? Drop me an email at ssantow@verizon.net Say hello to Yvonne for us too.

Stan, Soon to return to "where i belong"

Bemarshall... we had absolutely no problems bringing our bottle of champagne, two bottles of wine, 12 pack of water, and 12 pack of coke on the ship - we had it in our carryones. We brought our champagne with us to Portofinos... no charge for corking fee and we also brought one of our bottles of wine to the dining room and again no fee and they stored the rest of the bottle and served it the next night!

SSantow... hello!!! you will absolutely adore the Jewel! Next year we are cruising with Celebrity... on a European itinerary and an Alaskan itinerary... nice change.. let us know how you enjoyed the Jewel... back to back - I envy!

Archived