Blue Lagoon Nassua

boocicle

So, we will be on the Glory this week and we have read some really nice things about Blue Lagoon. We only want to enjoy the beach and maybe observe some of the dolphins. When I look at the website (http://www.dolphinencounters.com/programs-observer.php) it mentions the departures for the excursions.

8:30 AM

10:30 AM

1:30 PM

3:30 PM

Not sure if those are depature times from the port or from blue lagoon. Since we will be limited on time (8:30-2:00) we are not sure if we have enough time to go.

Has anyone done this and how difficult might this be to make it back in time? I guess we could try the regular ferry to the island. Those leave at 1p, 2p, 3p not sure that works either. We will have our 3 yrs old with us.

The departure times are from the ferry terminal, not from the port where the ship docks. I think it takes 20-30 minutes to get to the island (about the same coming back).

For an 8:30 departure you have to be at the ferry terminal at 8:00 to pick up your tickets and get on the boat, so you won't be able to make the first trip if you are scheduled to dock at 8:00. If you do the 10:30 you wouldn't have more than an hour or two on the island before you would have to take the ferry back to Nassau and grab a taxi back to the pier.

Blue Lagoon is a private island, the only way to get there is by taking their ferry.

With your short time in port I wouldn't recommend trying to do it. I would be way to stressed out about getting back in time.

Maybe you should look into the Colonial Hilton? It has gotten decent reviews and I believe it has shallow water that would be safe for a young child to play in (with supervision of course).

Archived