Barcelona hotel near beaches.

We are going on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise in Sept. This is our first trip overseas. I have been researching hotels by the beach, and would love to hear any experience or opinions on how safe, clean, etc. they are.

I have narrowed down 3 choices:

1) Hesperia Del Mar

2) Atenea Mar

3) Hotel Front Maritim

Any feedback would be appreciated!

We are going on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise in Sept. This is our first trip overseas. I have been researching hotels by the beach, and would love to hear any experience or opinions on how safe, clean, etc. they are.

1) Hesperia Del Mar

2) Atenea Mar

3) Hotel Front Maritim

We are going on the NCL Gem in August, 2009 and chose the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona hotel..

From my understanding, it's alittle off the beaten path but it's about 1 block from the beach (although you must cross over the highway). Nice views of the beach from the hotel. This Hilton (different from the Hilton Barcelona) also has a nice pool w/ a sundeck and bar-a nice feature if you will traveling in the summer and need to cool off after a day of siteseeing.

Expedia and travelocity rate this hotel 5 stars and prices are reasonable.

Finally, although off the beaten trail-the tourist bus is across the street, there is also a 3 story shopping mall across the street and the metro is through the mall so you have easy access to all tourist areas.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Doodleboy,

Good to see a first timer to Europe doing their homework. I have stayed at Hotel Hesperia Del Mar. Clean, quiet, rated a 3 star by our standards and two blocks from the beach. I have also stayed at Hotel Princess in Lower Diagonal which is in the same area as the last poster has described. Hotel Princess, the Hilton, and Hotel AC are all in the same area adjacent to the Shopping Mall (Really Nice). The beach is about four blocks away and we like this area because it is clean, its easy to catch the local transportation. There are sidewalk cafes near the beach where you can order Sangria by the pitcher (Wonderful). Alot of the locals head to the beach on the weekends and everyone is enjoying the sunshine and the beach entertainment. Do remember the area of "Del Mar Beach" is a quarter mile stretch where clothing is optional. It can be identified by the Blue poles that mark the boundary. I found it more interesting watching for the unexspected tourist who did not know the area was a nude beach....the reactions were priceless. I hope this information will help you find that hotel. Tim

hi we stayed in hotel front Maritim 2 years ago and found it fine - they have fridges on each floor with free mineral water which is very welcome after a long day

the hoho bus stops just around the corner and the diagonal mar shopping centre is about 300 metres away. you cross the road to the beach which has some bars and restaurants which are not expensive. the beach is very clean and we swam every day. you can also walk down to the port area or to the olimpic village but the bus is so easy why not just jump on and off. we found the staff very friendly and the breakfast buffet was plentiful

1) Hesperia Del Mar

2) Atenea Mar

3) Hotel Front Maritim

H10 Marina ,incl breakfast,excellent location,near metro

Wow! Thank you for all your replies! I truly appreciate it. I have been torn between staying in the city, which is often recommended, and the beach area. We are more beach types, and feel we can spend alot of time in the city, but relax more in beach area.

It is difficult to get a sense of what the area is from just hotel reviews, so I am grateful for all your responses! It is fun doing research in anticipation of our trip.

Archived