Help me decide! Sensation or Inspiration?

momofC&C

Please help me decide what to book!

Here's a little background:

We are Florida Residents living just north of Tampa and DH and I have cruised to the Bahamas twice out of Port Canaveral - once on RCCL Sovereign of the Seas (2005) and CCL Sensation (2006). Our children DS (20) and DD (14) have asked if we can go on a cruise for their Christmas gift this year. We are more than happy to do this as long as they realize that Christmas will be a bit "skimpy" as far as gifts under the tree this year. But let's face it, my kids are not exactly little anymore so this really should not be a problem. We are looking to cruise the last week in November before prices go up for the Holidays. By the way, the kids have never been on a cruise.

I have done extensive research and just cannot seem to make up my mind. Here's my delima:

SENSATION =

I am looking at the 4 night Bahama cruise.

We live 3 1/2 hours from Port Canaveral.

I have always dreamed of having a balcony cabin - it just seems like it would be so peacful. Sensation now has the new balcony cabins at very reasonable prices. Our plan would be to get a balcony cabin with an inside cabin across the hall for the kids. We have been to Freeport and Nassau so it is somewhat familiar to us. I wasn't real impressed with either port, but I am willing to go again and do some nice excursions with the kids.

INSPIRATION = I am looking at the 5 night cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

We live approx 1 hour from the Port of Tampa.

If we take this cruise we are looking at possibly booking connecting Ocean View cabins. We have never been to these ports and from what research I have done it seems that the excursions are a little more reasonable. I am looking at the 4.5 hour Grand Cayman tour and honestly I have no idea what to do in Cozumel - your suggestions are welcome.

So what do I book?

Is having a Balcony worth one less night at sea? Is there a huge difference between the ships? I have read good and bad reviews about both ships, what are your experiences? Which ports have the best excursions? If we book Inspiration, is there a deck that has close access to a public balcony near the cabins?

Please help me decide!

Steph :)

Tough call, the ships are nearly identical. I just came home from the 4 day Inspiration and last spring break we did the Sensation. The balcony is a nice feature and I would sail her again just for that. I enjoyed them both very much, service was top notch and the food very good. I personally love Grand Cayman (Sting Ray excursion is great!) and in Cozumel, there are plenty of beaches to spend the day at. When we went with the kids we rented a jeep and toured the local ruins, then hit Paradise Beach, it was a great day. On this past trip, no kids, we rented a taxi and went to a more laid back beach, Playa Palancar and took boat snorkel tour for only $30, had a fabulous lunch and hung out. It was amazing, another great day, I love Cozumel! So, if I had to choose, I would pick the Inspiration, extra day and ports you have never been to before. You can always take a short trip/weekend cruise on the Sensation without the kids in the future to experience the balcony.

And also, there are plenty of decks to hang out on, a short distance from all cabins. If you want less activity, I strongly suggest the back serenity deck. We spent two days there on our last cruise, it was great, a little hot, but we would run up to the lido pool for a break in the pool, the hot tubs out there do nothing to cool you down, they are actually hot!

And also, there are plenty of decks to hang out on, a short distance from all cabins. If you want less activity, I strongly suggest the back serenity deck. We spent two days there on our last cruise, it was great, a little hot, but we would run up to the lido pool for a break in the pool, the hot tubs out there do nothing to cool you down, they are actually hot!

Thank you for your reply. You make a very good point about going by ourselves again later for the balcony!

I have to agree with doing the Inspiration...granted I have not been on her ...yet...a month and a few days to go:D...but I have been on the Sensation and have been to the Bahamas multiple times...If I go to the bahamas again I will stay on the ship it just doesn't do anything for me anymore...I can't wait to go on the Inspiration and I have heard nothing but good stuff about her...I am also going on the excursion you mentioned, Stingray City, the Turtle Farm and Hell. I live about 30 min from port canaveral so I understand the choice but I also agree with previous poster.. you might want to have that balcony kids free:p.

At any rate I hope you have a Swonderful cruise :p:D;)

Micky

I looked at the same two cruises. I ended up booking the Sensation, but know I think maybe I made a mistake. I hope not, but guess I will make the best of whatever we have, wherever we go, and whatever we choose to do. Just hope my son and neice enjoy themselves on their first ever cruise.

I love all you people, but THANK YOU for making me think I may have choose the wrong ship. LOL

I know you are trying to choose between two specific ships, which is hard enough to do at times, but if you are only interested in a 5 day, and would like to try a balcony, I'd suggest the Destiny out of Miami. It would still be within driving distance, and I'm betting the balcony cabins would be much less expensive on the Destiny than either of the other two ships. The Nassau, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay itinerary is great! I've been on all three of these ships and enjoy my experiences equally, but for port and balcony pricing, I would definately choose the Destiny. If that options would not work at all for you, I would choose an OV on the Inspiration solely for the ports.

I looked at the same two cruises. I ended up booking the Sensation, but know I think maybe I made a mistake. I hope not, but guess I will make the best of whatever we have, wherever we go, and whatever we choose to do. Just hope my son and neice enjoy themselves on their first ever cruise.

I love all you people, but THANK YOU for making me think I may have choose the wrong ship. LOL

Any ship is the right ship! You're going on a cruise!

Please help me decide what to book!

Here's a little background:

We are Florida Residents living just north of Tampa and DH and I have cruised to the Bahamas twice out of Port Canaveral - once on RCCL Sovereign of the Seas (2005) and CCL Sensation (2006). Our children DS (20) and DD (14) have asked if we can go on a cruise for their Christmas gift this year. We are more than happy to do this as long as they realize that Christmas will be a bit "skimpy" as far as gifts under the tree this year. But let's face it, my kids are not exactly little anymore so this really should not be a problem. We are looking to cruise the last week in November before prices go up for the Holidays. By the way, the kids have never been on a cruise.

I have done extensive research and just cannot seem to make up my mind. Here's my delima:

SENSATION =

I am looking at the 4 night Bahama cruise.

We live 3 1/2 hours from Port Canaveral.

I have always dreamed of having a balcony cabin - it just seems like it would be so peacful. Sensation now has the new balcony cabins at very reasonable prices. Our plan would be to get a balcony cabin with an inside cabin across the hall for the kids. We have been to Freeport and Nassau so it is somewhat familiar to us. I wasn't real impressed with either port, but I am willing to go again and do some nice excursions with the kids.

INSPIRATION = I am looking at the 5 night cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

We live approx 1 hour from the Port of Tampa.

If we take this cruise we are looking at possibly booking connecting Ocean View cabins. We have never been to these ports and from what research I have done it seems that the excursions are a little more reasonable. I am looking at the 4.5 hour Grand Cayman tour and honestly I have no idea what to do in Cozumel - your suggestions are welcome.

So what do I book?

Is having a Balcony worth one less night at sea? Is there a huge difference between the ships? I have read good and bad reviews about both ships, what are your experiences? Which ports have the best excursions? If we book Inspiration, is there a deck that has close access to a public balcony near the cabins?

Please help me decide!

Steph :)

Don't over think it. I have only been on the Inspiration, not the Sensation. I have booked it again for Nov, because we live in Tampa. I am sure you will enjoy either one if you don't set yourself up for too many doubts.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions, I really appreciate them! I think I am really beginning to lean toward the Inspiration. I think I would like the change of scenery and the excursions really look great!

Thanks Again!

Steph

I would go with the Inspiration. We have alot of pics of her post dry dock in our signature below. Your kids would probably love Paradise Beach in Cozumel and the Stingrays are somethign that everyone should do at least once. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done. whatever you decide, have a great cruise!

You did no such thing! We have sailed the Sensation even before the remodel and had one of our best cruises ever, as you can see by my signature, we are looking forward to sailing her again soon! There are a lot of nice excursions to do in the Bahamas as well, I am looking forward to spending one day relaxing on a beach and one day snorkeling.

Archived