X-treme caving tubing in belize

11legend

Has anyone used this company recently for cave tubing? On their website that offer a kids x-treme cave tubing and seem to be very concerned about safety (only 8 or 9 to a group, etc.). After the incident last year I'm very concerned about the safety aspect and I'm not sure at this point which cave tubing company to book with. Thanks for any info anyone has to share.

Has anyone used this company recently for cave tubing? On their website that offer a kids x-treme cave tubing and seem to be very concerned about safety (only 8 or 9 to a group, etc.). After the incident last year I'm very concerned about the safety aspect and I'm not sure at this point which cave tubing company to book with. Thanks for any info anyone has to share.

Hi

We used cavetubing dot com last year with our 6yo old son and felt VERY safe and secure. We will be going with them again in May.

We used them 2 years ago and were quite happy. We were there in April, which is not rainy season, so about the only danger was dragging your behind on the ground. I thought they seemed quite conscientious, but again the water was low and slow.

I think I read somewhere that November was rainy season and that's when we're going. :( What do you think, should I skip it or trust that they will cancel if its too dangerous.

Hi

We used cavetubing dot com last year with our 6yo old son and felt VERY safe and secure. We will be going with them again in May.

Could you tell me more about cave tubing dot com? How many guides and how many in a group? Is that the tour where you don't have to walk too far to the caves? Thanks.

We just went with Coral Breeze and there were only 10 of us in the group including a child. We had two guides and were in two groups of five. It was very safe and informative. The walk through the rainforest is easy and lots of stops to look at things. You leave your stuff in the van and change when you get back. If a child can't carry the tube the guides will, but our little guy had no problem at all. Invest in a waterproof camera it is well worth it as the photos will be spectacular.

I plan on using this outfit when we go in April 2009, I will let you know.

I would appreciate that. Thanks. They are more expensive than the other companies (about $30 more per person) but if they are as safe as they advertise, I'm will to spend the extra money.

We just went with Coral Breeze and there were only 10 of us in the group including a child. We had two guides and were in two groups of five. It was very safe and informative. The walk through the rainforest is easy and lots of stops to look at things. You leave your stuff in the van and change when you get back. If a child can't carry the tube the guides will, but our little guy had no problem at all. Invest in a waterproof camera it is well worth it as the photos will be spectacular.

I like those numbers. I'll check into them also. Thanks.

We went with cavetubing dot com at the beginning of this month and had a great time! There were four of us with one guide; that's how they grouped everyone except for one family of 8 and that's because they wanted to stay together. Our table mates on our cruise booked with xtreme and said they had fun but the company wasn't that great (left the dock late and they "free floated" down through the caves). We were always tied to a guide and they would talk about different things as we went through the caves. They are very personable and we never felt that safety was an issue. They even grabbed all of the tubes from the women/children and carried them. You'll have to walk some no matter what company you go with. It's an easy walk though. We rode on something similar to a charter bus and we left all of our things on the bus (they locked it while we were tubing). I have photos and videos if you're interested.

We used X-Stream cave tubing in October of 2006 and were very pleased with our adventure. I can't swim, but didn't feel worried about it. However, as a previous poster pointed out, you free float, you aren't tied in a line. We did three caves: one small, dry, walk through cave, then the two big float through ones. Whoever you choose, I think they are all pretty safety concious, and you will have a great time. Butts up!

We used X-Stream cave tubing in October of 2006 and were very pleased with our adventure. I can't swim, but didn't feel worried about it. However, as a previous poster pointed out, you free float, you aren't tied in a line. We did three caves: one small, dry, walk through cave, then the two big float through ones. Whoever you choose, I think they are all pretty safety concious, and you will have a great time. Butts up!

We used Xstream cave tubing last Wednesday and had the best time ever - the guide was extremely helpful and caring and made sure we were all safe and secure in our adventure, the best was the lunch and the ride back to the ship! Please bring watershoes, don't wear flip flops like I did, the water is crystal clear and refreshing - have fun!

Archived