Sea Island Adventures in Nassau or Any Other Suggestions???

nucoryamato

Does anyone have any up to date information on this excursion? I am looking for something inexpensive ($75 or less pp) but relatively fun, adventurous, and somewhat relaxing (if there is such a thing) while at port in Nassau in JANUARY 2010. There are 6-9 of us and we would like to do something all together. We do not snorkel or scuba dive and there are a couple of the men over 200 lbs so that eliminates any horseback riding (I would hate to cripple a horse on our vacation ;)). Everything I have read on the Sea Island Adventures has been very positive but has been over a year old. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated also. Oh yeah...we range in age from 14 - 48. Thanks!

Does anyone have any up to date information on this excursion? I am looking for something inexpensive ($75 or less pp) but relatively fun, adventurous, and somewhat relaxing (if there is such a thing) while at port in Nassau in JANUARY 2010. There are 6-9 of us and we would like to do something all together. We do not snorkel or scuba dive and there are a couple of the men over 200 lbs so that eliminates any horseback riding (I would hate to cripple a horse on our vacation ;)). Everything I have read on the Sea Island Adventures has been very positive but has been over a year old. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated also. Oh yeah...we range in age from 14 - 48. Thanks!

I've always had a good time on this boat. But please check (when you get closer to your cruise) where this boat is going to.. it used to be a trip to Rose Island, but Rose Island has plenty of construction and lots of tours lost their permits.

Last time I went on the Sea Island it went to Blackbeards Cay. still had a good time.. but it was not Rose Island.

If the destination doesn't matter.. then no problem. If you are reading the website and drooling over the rustic private island.. that's probably not where you will be going.

Call them or email.. and ask which island they are going to.. on your particular trip.

Something people should keep in mind is that the BOAT itself is sometimes just leased by the tour companies.. so the destination can change.

This happened many times with the yellow bird which used to go exclusively to Pearl Island and now it hired to go to Blackbeards.

Updating website information is not a priority for alot of these companies.. so do some extra homework.

Flying Cloud is another option for going out to Rose Island.. as is the Majestic Lady's Robinson Crusoe tour.

Thank you so much ScubaGirl!!! Have you ever been on the flying Cloud or the Majestic Lady's Robinson Crusoe Tour? If so, which would you choose to do again? Also, were there any other excursion recommendations that you might have for us?

Thank you so much ScubaGirl!!! Have you ever been on the flying Cloud or the Majestic Lady's Robinson Crusoe Tour? If so, which would you choose to do again? Also, were there any other excursion recommendations that you might have for us?

I have been on both Flying CLoud and Majestic Lady.. Flying CLoud has a 1/2 day tour which probably is better for cruisers. FC also has a sunday all day tour.. which includes a picnic lunch.

http://www.flyingcloud.info

Majestic Lady is a all day tour.. includes native lunch in the tree hut, with a band, wine, snorkeling etc. It's not always good timing for the cruise crowd.

I love both of these.. but would choose Majestic Lady if I had the time.

http://www.majesticholidays.com/-dest-NASS-vendor-RCRMT_-_param-1-.htm

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557808598kldgjF

2505903630088662436S500x500Q85.jpg

I've done the Mini SUB Adventure and it's awesome. There are some medical restrictions to participate, just so you're aware. This trip goes out twice a day. You get about 35 - 40 minutes of time in the water.

Archived