6 year old on 2 week cruise (Jade)

jetta2828

We are going on the Jade May 31st for 2 weeks to the British Isles.:p

My question is, when my 6 year old is is trying to get to know kids in the kids crew area, do you think their will be a language barrier amongst some of the kids? I know that their are a lot of British that take this cruise and they speak English but what about other kids? Might be a dumb question but I was just wondering since I have never taken a cruise in Europe.

Would love to hear of other peoples experiences. If you have taken your little one on a cruise to Europe, let me know how it was? Any advice?

Thanks

Thanks John..... Good to know!!!!

I am assuming you are in Ireland?

If so any suggestions for Pubs in Dublin, Cork or Belfast? My husband has me on a mission to find good pubs...LOL (Have to make him happy)

Thanks

Thanks John..... Good to know!!!!

I am assuming you are in Ireland?

If so any suggestions for Pubs in Dublin, Cork or Belfast? My husband has me on a mission to find good pubs...LOL (Have to make him happy)

Thanks

I never met a UK pub I didn't like!

I lived in England for 6 years and was lucky enough to visit Ireland. I wish I could find the photo I took of a typical small village street to attach here but, I can't seem to locate the pic. Anyway, this village had a small road running through it with about 12 houses/buildings either side, one of which was a gas station and three of which were pubs! No kidding. We stayed in another small village, near Cork, that had, at most, 10 buildings - two were pubs - right across the street from each other. We shared our custom equally between them for the few days we were there ;).

Step off the ship, turn the corner and be prepared for a lovely pub crawl! Enjoy. Oh, one more thing that is absolutely FANTASTIC about most pubs in the UK - they allow children. I'm speaking as a parent of a child, of course. Child-free people might feel differently.

I think it depends on the child. My son went last year on a 12 day cruise, he was only 4 and doesn't speak english but he absolutely adored the cruise. We went with Celebrity Cruises so it wasn't even a european cruiseline. He had a lot of fun, there was a member of the kids club who was portuguese and she did some translaction, and kids use a lot of sign language. My son really enjoyed it and it's the main reason why we are going on another cruise this year!

I must say, that's the beauty of being a kid. Most do not need to speak the language since they have one of their own. All they want to do is play, smile and laugh which is very contagious. Have fun on your cruise...your little one will too.

We did the Jade in Dec-Jan for 2 weeks in Mediterranean and it was difficult for our son who spoke only English. He complained the kids were rude too, broke his toys, etc. NCL dealt with it and it was great after that. No complaints and just booked our 4th cruise on the Gem. We ran into more Canadians than expected so all boys had buddies. :D

My son's BEST friend is from Germany and they met on a Dawn cruise almost five years ago (the kids were about 8). One spoke English. The other spoke German. They both spoke Nintendo. One learned No, the other Nein. One learned Spielen (spelling?), the other 'Play.'

that's part of the magic when you combine childhood and cruising.

Archived