Lirica passenger demographics

oom1

My wife and I are interested in the 11 day Panama Canal cruise and were interested in the MSC passenger demographics (i.e. average age, citizenship, etc).

Last year we went on Costa for thier Eastern Carribean trip and loved the diverse culture and ages of all types.

Any insight would be appreciated.

OOM1

It would appear that very determined effort is being made by Sasso to change the entire structure of the passenger base. Cruises are being offered in USA at a fraction of the prices being quoted in Europe. By booking with an Amrican based travel agent we made a HUGE Saving.

As a result it is difficult to answer what will happen in the future. Previously on both Melody and Lirica cruising in the Caribbean we found the split very very roughly 50/50 American/Canadian and European.

I apologise to the Canadians for giving the statistics this way as I also apologise to the few Australian and New Zealanders we encountered.

The Europeans were mainly English/Italian/German/Austrian/Spanish/French.

I can say for sure that on Lirica on our Panama Cruise this year there was 1 passenger from each of Croatia, Slovakia, Ireland and Czech Republic!!!

The "American" contigent included a small number of very friendly Afro-Americans and Puerto Ricans.

On our cruises we did NOT - but others have - meet with Japanese, Chinese and Indian.

Again in general terms based only on our experience the largest passenger base wuld be aged 50 and over but certainly there were younger passengers too.

Of course some of us believe that we are young at heart and in thinking!!

We met and made great friendships with diverse and varied people.

Sorry that I could not be more specific but I will search for and try to locate the info given to us of the deatiled break down of the nationalities on our MSC cruises. If I locate will post here.

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed on the Lirica to the Panama Canal last April 1 - 12th. As I remember on our particular cruise, there were about 60% Americans. the other 40% was diversified between the Europeans and South America. I also enjoyed meeting people from different cultures. We are American Italians and loved the Italian influence. Food was very good.

Jeanne:)

Archived