Price change on freedom 6/7/09

I booked my family on Freedom for 6/7/09 while we on a cruise last summer on the Enchantment. We got a D1 Balcony cabin for $1699 per person (adults). Checked RCCL Web site recently and the balcony price was $1599. Called RCCL expecting a $100 refund but was told that the $1599 price was for a D2 balcony cabin. Also, was told that the current D1 cabin price is $1899 - was told the price went up.

Does this sound correct to anyone?

We are dealing directly with RCCL not a travel agent.

Thanks,

Tom

I just checked the RCCL website and yes the D1's are up to 1899 per person and the D2 is 1599. You have to make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Prices fluctuate all the time and unless a TA is holding group space they will be the exact price as RCCL as they don't allow discounting.

I booked my family on Freedom for 6/7/09 while we on a cruise last summer on the Enchantment. We got a D1 Balcony cabin for $1699 per person (adults). Checked RCCL Web site recently and the balcony price was $1599. Called RCCL expecting a $100 refund but was told that the $1599 price was for a D2 balcony cabin. Also, was told that the current D1 cabin price is $1899 - was told the price went up.

Does this sound correct to anyone?

We are dealing directly with RCCL not a travel agent.

Thanks,

Tom

Wow, that sounds high. I'm on the June 14th Freedom and I'm paying $1199 for a D2 balcony. Of course I did get a resident rate. I just booked in February.

Wow, that sounds high. I'm on the June 14th Freedom and I'm paying $1199 for a D2 balcony. Of course I did get a resident rate. I just booked in February.

Yeah, watch for a FL resident deal that weekend, DCL has one so, going out of same port, Freedom might get one as they compete. DCL balcony is 1,299 for FL resident.

Archived