Elevator less cruise?

peppymom98

You could easily avoid elevators for an entire cruise. You'll be climbign a LOT of stairs, but that's good for you. We avoid elevators most of the time on cruises as an attempt to minimize weight gain. :)

BTW, does anybody know what "zackly breath" is?:confused:
I have heard of Zackry disease from a Chinese MD. Very ugly woman goes to the Dr. to find out why she has no social life. Dr examines her face then has her disrobe and turn around. "Yes, just as I though, you have Zackry disease, your face looks Zackry like your butt".

I avoid the elevators on a cruise and use the stairs. Keeps my weight gain on a 7 day cruise to about 3 pounds.

On our first cruise for no particular reason that I can recall my son and I decided we were never going to use the elevator. It became a ritual. Each subsequent cruise we reminded each other of our pact for not ever using the elevator on the ship.

Our last cruise we signed up for a scuba dive excursion (Jamaica) through the ship. We were instructed where to meet on the ship and would be taken from there to the place where we would 'hook up' with the dive operator. We showed up at our appointed time and place (along with a few others). As the person from the ship led us to our excursion we realized they were taking us to the elevators...my son and I looked at each other in horror (LOL)...Nooooo.. we were being forced to break our 'secret pact'. We realized we would soon loose our bragging rights of having never used the ships elevators. On to the elevator we went..afterward we decided that since it was out of our control, it didn't count..HA!

I am elevator-free except for the glass elevators. They don't bother me, but its no fun to wait and then have the doors open with a full crowd.

The main problem with stairs is with those who choose to wait an hour too early for tenders, ports and debarkation. You have to explain over and over to them that you are not budging in line, you are trying to get somewhere else.

I'm always amazed at how many people stand around for ages waiting for the elevators.:eek:

In all my cruises, I only use the elevator twice.

Embarking to drop my luggage off in the cabin.

Debarking to take my luggage off the ship.

That's it. The rest of the time, it's walking and stairs.

Could be why I always end up weighing a couple pounds lighter at the end of every cruise?;)

I've never gained weight on a cruise ever!:D

Archived