Piano Bars - All Smoking?

John&John

That is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life! I work for the government, and I am constantly updated on changes like this, and have NEVER heard this. OSHA has not even ruled on second hand smoke, and if OSHA doesn't recognize it, then I am quite sure WHO isn't touching it with a ten foot pole. Besides, Cruise lines are not going to

Voluntarily ban smoking, or restricting it down to next to nothing. Smoking is still legal, a legal product, so quit whining about it. Stay off cruises if the smoke is so bad.

Wow. Hostile much? I was just relating a story that I read. I, personally, would be elated if smoking was banned everywhere but that is just me. I'm not "whining"...I'm stating an opinion (which last time I looked was still legal too).

Wow. Hostile much? I was just relating a story that I read. I, personally, would be elated if smoking was banned everywhere but that is just me. I'm not "whining"...I'm stating an opinion (which last time I looked was still legal too).

LOL! Anytime anyone on here mentions that they don't like smoke it is considered whining:D Then the smokers get in attack mode:p I am mutual and I could care less if people want to smoke those nasty things:cool: Just keep them outta my face:D

I'm with Sailor.......there are plenty of us non smokers who party down and spend waaaay too much money on board.......that argument is sooo lame:D The future is good for non smokers ......so hang in there people...

Smoke on!!!!

LOL! Anytime anyone on here mentions that they don't like smoke it is considered whining:D Then the smokers get in attack mode:p I am mutual and I could care less if people want to smoke those nasty things:cool: Just keep them outta my face:D

I'm with Sailor.......there are plenty of us non smokers who party down and spend waaaay too much money on board.......that argument is sooo lame:D The future is good for non smokers ......so hang in there people...

Smoke on!!!!

Here's an excerpt from John Heald's blog from March discussing the non-smoking status of Spendor's piano bar:

When I left the Carnival Splendor in October the piano bar was a non-smoking area. I tried this because of the numerous amount of negative comments I received from people who did not smoke yet wanted to experience our iconic piano entertainers. So, I made this area non smoking along with the support of the Hotel Director Duncan. We did this also in the knowledge that smokers could smoke just one deck down in the cigar bar called Robusto’s.

We monitored the attendance of these venues and also looked at the number of comments we received from smokers and neither changed very much at all. However…………..I can imagine how frustrating it must have been for you to receive misleading information and for that there is no excuse ……….just apologies. I checked with the vessel and the piano bar on the Carnival Splendor remains non smoking and this is not a fleetwide policy but is one that continues on the Carnival Splendor.

Here's an excerpt from John Heald's blog from March discussing the non-smoking status of Spendor's piano bar:

When I left the Carnival Splendor in October the piano bar was a non-smoking area. I tried this because of the numerous amount of negative comments I received from people who did not smoke yet wanted to experience our iconic piano entertainers. So, I made this area non smoking along with the support of the Hotel Director Duncan. We did this also in the knowledge that smokers could smoke just one deck down in the cigar bar called Robusto’s.

We monitored the attendance of these venues and also looked at the number of comments we received from smokers and neither changed very much at all. However…………..I can imagine how frustrating it must have been for you to receive misleading information and for that there is no excuse ……….just apologies. I checked with the vessel and the piano bar on the Carnival Splendor remains non smoking and this is not a fleetwide policy but is one that continues on the Carnival Splendor.

Excellent! No big surprise here:p

Archived