Will the kids have fun? newbie here. :)

Mamarach

We've already booked a Caribbean cruise, but now I'm second guessing a bit. Maybe it's just because I sometimes naturally do that after a major purchase, but I just want to make sure this is the best vacation our family can take.

It's our anniversary this year, so we thought a cruise would be good so we have adult time, but also can make a family trip out of it. However, I keep thinking we could have chosen Disney and gone all out for the same price. I really want to make sure the kids have a blast, and that's a guarantee at Disney!

I see that 6 year olds can't do everything (like snorkling), too. IYO, will a 6 and 8 year old have an awesome time on a cruise?

Thanks!

Rachael

I think they will have a great time at Camp Carnival. You can still find excursions to take them on...read the ports of call boards here and the Family Cruises threads to get some ideas on family friendly excursions if you want to do those. The kids I've seen on cruises all seem to be having a great time.

Yes they will have a blast..Mine were 5,10 and 11 on their first cruise and they love everyone we go on. They don't stay in camp carnival all of the time either. IN cozumel we went snorkeling. We had to book it off the ship for them to allow my 5 year old to snorkel. Not sure how bahamas will work we will be taking the kiddos there on thanksgiving so I will know then. But mine will now be 9,13 and 14. But we will have friends with us with a 5 year old. Good luck!

Mine son is 9 & will be taking his fourth cruise in Oct. he loves it. Someone said to check out the Family Cruise thread, it's true it has lots of info. Also check out the port of call threads. I wish I had found them before my first cruise. You'll be able to find lots of options with private vendors that kids your age will love.

I'm so glad to hear that your kids all loved it. I'll check out the family forum--thanks for the advice.

Hi, my DS started crusing when he was 5 and has loved every cruise he has been on. He's not a "kid's camp"-type kid, he prefers to make new friends and go to the pool, play ping pong, basketball, go to the game room and the game arcade. There is lots of fun things for all ages and types of kids to do. I read somewhere on one of the threads that its not so much the age of the child, but their size (not so much weight), that counts, and that sometimes they do allow younger kids to snorkel.

Good luck and I know your family will have a great time. By the way, not to dis anyone, but sailing on Disney does not automatically mean you will have a perfect family cruise. We have sailed with our DS on Costa, NCL, and Carnival. He has enjoyed and loved everyone of these cruise lines. We offered our DS a Disney cruise, but he didn't want to do it, because it just "wasn't his thing".

Archived