Your Favorite Mixed Drinks.

savannahgirl1

This June on the Ryndam, the Wang Wang was not listed on any of the drink menus. However the bartender in the Crow's Nest knew how to make it - and I enjoyed them for the entire cruise. Cruise Critic is great! I never would have known about the Wang Wang without the information I got here.

It's a signature drink that is as low-key as In-n-Out's secret menu (CA, NV and AZ folks know what I'm talking about)...

...but everyone onboard in charge of making drinks will know how to make it.

Expect a strong drink though... along the lines of a long island in strength, but along the lines of a fruit punch/tropical punch in flavor.

So what's in a Wang Wang? I'm intrigued!

My favorite HAL drink was a martini of the day called something like 0010(?). All I can remember is that it had Grand Marnier in it, kind of like a float. But I haven't seen it in the last couple of trips, at least not as martini of the day.

Besides, we discovered the 2 for 1 happy hour, which I think is limited in scope.

So what's in a Wang Wang? I'm intrigued!

My favorite HAL drink was a martini of the day called something like 0010(?). All I can remember is that it had Grand Marnier in it, kind of like a float. But I haven't seen it in the last couple of trips, at least not as martini of the day.

Besides, we discovered the 2 for 1 happy hour, which I think is limited in scope.

Sorry, but I don't know what was in it - other than a LOT of different things. As mentioned, they are fairly strong drinks, kind of fruity but not too sweet.

The happy hours are limited. On the Ryndam in June it was just the Crow's Nest and Ocean bar from 4:30 to 5:30. Then there was a martini happy hour in the Piano Bar from 7:30 to 8:30. For the martini happy hour, they let you order by 8:30 and have your drink served later - kind of an interesting twist. Wife and I discovered another favorite, the Expresso Luxury Martini. It was a great after dinner drink.

bepsf

<<<Besides my pre-dinner Maker's Mark Manhattan served up with a twist...?

...or my post-dinner Disaronno on the rocks?>>>>>>

See you are in S.F.! One of my favorite cities - especially as a former

resident of Marin Co.

Your favorite drinks sound delightful. Please let us know

about the ingredients.

• 2 months later...

The Blue Coco Mohitos are wonderful--especially on the Ryndam. On the Statendam they were also good, but they were about 30% smaller than on the Ryndam and once they were made with Sprite instead of club soda

Wang-Wang Cocktail

Ingredients

3/4 oz Vodka

3/4 oz Tequila

3/4 oz Brandy

3/4 oz Bourbon

3/4 oz Scotch Whiskey

3/4 oz Rum

cubes (Fill to Top) Ice

oz (Fill With) Orange Juice

oz (Fill With) Pine-Apple Juice

dash Grenadine

Directions

Mix vodka, tequila, rum, bourbon, brandy and scotch in a collins glass. Add ice cubes up to 3/4 of glass. Stir. Fill in with equal portions of chilled orange and pineapple juices to top. Add a dash of grenadine.

Archived