Shows on Magic for adults who aren't Disney-lovers?

akl432

We will be cruising on the Magic. My parents (age 60 and 61) are not Disney fans and choose DCL because of the exceptional service and perfect experience Disney is known for. With that information, which shows do you think would they enjoy, and which ones would be too Disney/childish for them to enjoy?

I, on the other hand (age 29) am a Disney fan and intend to see every show! :o

If they don't enjoy Disney shows/music, then the three main stage shows (Golden Mickey's, Disney Dreams, and Twice Charmed) will probably not interest them... (despite being PHENOMENAL)

The Welcome Aboard Variety Show and the final night's Remember the Magic shows might be okay... they include some previews of the variety cabaret acts, as well as some Disney stuff...

In addition to the stage shows, there will be various family and adult cabaret shows on most nights... the entertainers switch on and off the ships midweek, so they can vary who you will get throughout your cruise. I found the quality of the cabaret shows to be quite good. We had a magician/comedian, a hypnotist, another comedian, and a juggler.

I also enjoyed the events in Sessions and Diversions as well. So, even if you don't go to the Walt Disney Theater, there's still plenty of entertainment.

While I admit to being a "Disney lover," and therefore biased, I really don't think any of the Disney themed shows are at all juvenile. They're just great shows! If you don't enjoy musical theater, then you won't like them, but if you do, there's nothing about them that wouldn't be appealing to anyone, "Disney lover" or not. They're just really "clean." (Meaning well done, in addition to family friendly)

Our personal favorite "non-Disney themed" show is John Charles. He's just so much fun to watch/listen to. Very funny and a very talented musicion. We did not go see his adult cabaret show, but his show in the WD Theater was OUTSTANDING!

Archived