NCL Kids Club

nepacruisers

We will be sailing on the Pearl with DS age 8 and wanted to know about tipping the Kids Crew. Do they provide envelopes? Do you give to each individual or just to a collective pot? We have no idea what an average tip for the crew would be, can anyone give us some guidelines. Thanks in advance.

Tips for the Kids Crew are not automatic, nor are there envelopes provided. You could probably ask at the Concierge desk for an envelope, or plan on bringing them from home.

You will need to label the envelope with WHO you want the tips to go to.

CeleBrat

We will be sailing on the Pearl with DS age 8 and wanted to know about tipping the Kids Crew. Do they provide envelopes? Do you give to each individual or just to a collective pot? We have no idea what an average tip for the crew would be, can anyone give us some guidelines. Thanks in advance.

tipping is an individual thing. Their isn't any envelopes for anyone, if you want to tip them go right ahead. Your ds age group will have lots of activities and the staff will be very busy so I'm sure they would appreciate anything you give, most people don't do anything so as far as I know it goes to the individual that you give it too. hope you have fun

I gave the envelope to someone who was there but I got the impression they had a collective pot. There were so many and all so nice to my son, I would have spent more on tips then on the cruise ;) if I was to give each a tip. I asked the reception how to do it (how much was normal) but they gave us no hint... So I gave one of the girls 30 euros in an envelope, actually it was my husband, he just thanked and said it was for all. And we also filled the questionaire praising their service and giving reference to a specific name who was really helpfull with my son since she was the only one who spoke our language.

I really felt acqward about it since I had no idea what was the good thing to do. But the girl who received it kept smiling and talking to my son as allways and she just said "you really didn't have to" (those things you say) and kept the envelope in a drawer (that's why I had the impression it was collective). I hope other parents did the same, otherwise splitting 30 euros to all those crew members must have been really sad...

I gave the envelope to someone who was there but I got the impression they had a collective pot. There were so many and all so nice to my son, I would have spent more on tips then on the cruise ;) if I was to give each a tip. I asked the reception how to do it (how much was normal) but they gave us no hint... So I gave one of the girls 30 euros in an envelope, actually it was my husband, he just thanked and said it was for all. And we also filled the questionaire praising their service and giving reference to a specific name who was really helpfull with my son since she was the only one who spoke our language.

I really felt acqward about it since I had no idea what was the good thing to do. But the girl who received it kept smiling and talking to my son as allways and she just said "you really didn't have to" (those things you say) and kept the envelope in a drawer (that's why I had the impression it was collective). I hope other parents did the same, otherwise splitting 30 euros to all those crew members must have been really sad...

I agree, I think it might be a pool they all split so what I did was I put it in an envelope marked "Kids Club" and who it was from and a thank you to them. I specifically gave it to the one who was our kids favorite and who really went all out to help us and to make the kids have a great time. That way we acknowledged his help and also the rest of the crew are rewarded as well.

It is not mandatory and I know there are people who don't tip. But think about it, they don't just baby sit, they really do a lot and the kids LOVE them. That tells you something, we put $80 for a week cruise and afterwards I thought maybe it should have been more. The tips that come out of you room account do not cover them so be generous, it is your kids they are watching.

What I have read here is that there is a difference between staff and that these crew members at the kids club are specialized staff and are well payed for - unlike the waiters and the staff we tip whose wages depend on the gratuities. So, it's a different system of payment. I don't know, just what I read here somwhere.

Archived